• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It's mental as growing up never thought i would have moments like that supporting Wolves.

Had them and forever be grateful they happened, regardless of how brief the era existed.

It's why some won't throw the anger that is so evident on here at Jeff/Fosun but it makes it even worse that they got us to that moment where we went to Wembley, thousands travelled to Portugal, Italy etc to watch us play in an Elite European competition and then have proceeded to fuck it all up for no real reason.

At least I can bore the grandkids in my later years "Why do you support this nothing team you old fool?"..."well let me tell you about the time I went to Turin and if you are good, I'll tell you about the Double 6 sport bar as well"
I'm not grateful to Fosun - I'm forever grateful to Nuno.

Given the track record of Fosun's ownership of Wolves, I'm of the opinion they lucked out in appointing Nuno and his special ability to galvanise his squad.

Nothing before or since Nuno suggest they have a clue how to properly run a football club.

Those 3 seasons from 2017/18 to 2019/20 are something special in our history albeit COVID did royally screw us over in 2020.

I don’t understand the Moutinho one though. Have we ever found out what actually happened? Lopetegui claimed he had asked not to be in the squad - was that just a straight out lie? He’d mostly picked him in the squad and use him about how he needed to before that.
I know that none of us know Moutinho, but for that to have been true seemed so out of character for him.

Three options as I see it.
  1. Lop is a fucking liar
  2. Lop, Hobbs, Shi, or some combo therein, did something to spectacularly ruin the club’s relationship with João
  3. There was a personal issue in João’s life that he wanted kept absolutely private
With Ballbag hanging around at the time I think we can rule out 3.

Mmm, the majority of TWF was happy when all these left/had wanted them gone for a while prior.
I don't think that's correct is it mate?
Think most were content with Ruddy as a back up? Seem to recall the consensus was people wanted to retain Saiss.
DW has eloquently explained Coady. Boly, I'll probably give you, but there were a significant number wanted to retain him. At the time I thought injuries had done for him (and he has had a lot of time out since).
Raul, everyone was desperate for him to get back to his former self, and we kept seeing glimpses of potential.
Jonny had a series of significant injuries to his knees. I think many wanted him to come back but feared he'd become another Raul.
Moutinho will forever perplex me, as per YW. Consummate professional. Always conducted himself really well. Disappeared from the squad almost overnight. Ended up leaving. Recall there was a discussion that he wanted a 2 year contract, and we were only willing to offer him 1 year? Think the fans were split tbh. Seems Moutinho made the right choice for him, sadly for us. Fucking loved watching him play. So good in so many games.

I'm not grateful to Fosun - I'm forever grateful to Nuno.

Given the track record of Fosun's ownership of Wolves, I'm of the opinion they lucked out in appointing Nuno
But without Fosun - Jeff - Jorge...Nuno never happens, so they get the thanks for that. Lucked out or not.

It's a clear line in the sand when it went wrong and that was Covid...Jeff lost his mind in his power grab but that's been done to death

I don't think that's correct is it mate?
Think most were content with Ruddy as a back up? Seem to recall the consensus was people wanted to retain Saiss.
DW has eloquently explained Coady. Boly, I'll probably give you, but there were a significant number wanted to retain him. At the time I thought injuries had done for him (and he has had a lot of time out since).
Raul, everyone was desperate for him to get back to his former self, and we kept seeing glimpses of potential.
Jonny had a series of significant injuries to his knees. I think many wanted him to come back but feared he'd become another Raul.
Moutinho will forever perplex me, as per YW. Consummate professional. Always conducted himself really well. Disappeared from the squad almost overnight. Ended up leaving. Recall there was a discussion that he wanted a 2 year contract, and we were only willing to offer him 1 year? Think the fans were split tbh. Seems Moutinho made the right choice for him, sadly for us. Fucking loved watching him play. So good in so many games.
Yeah agree with this. Personally thought Boly was done (physically) turns he wasn't.
Coady probably not suitable for 4 atb.
The way they were ousted was unforgiveable, also Saiss and Raul.
Saiss would have been great to keep given we had 2 young, inexperienced CBs.
I'd have kept Raul, even with his drop off in performance, we had no-one better.
Jonny is a difficult one, did he have a melt down because of the way he was treated or just because of his injuries?

Oh I agree, but my point remains.

The amount of stick Coady and Saiss got down the years....
Well Nuno was getting the shit in his final season, so you know..people.

Majority of the players I mentioned needed to move on but still annoys me that Mout never got a Molineux farewell and Raul's was him in tears at full time because Lopetegui wouldn't even give him a token few mins on the pitch in a game that meant fuck all.

Well Nuno was getting the shit in his final season, so you know..people.

Majority of the players I mentioned needed to move on but still annoys me that Mout never got a Molineux farewell and Raul's was him in tears at full time because Lopetegui wouldn't even give him a token few mins on the pitch in a game that meant fuck all.

Social media crap Nuno was getting from January 2021 was pretty distasteful yet the fans have abundance of patience with Lage and GON.
I think Nuno was a victim of his own success so the first below average season he hit he was gone and some people celebrated it. As said our fan base are an odd bunch to read at times.

If we'd let Nuno spend £44m on who he wanted instead of handing him Fabio Silva and Ki-Jana Hoever, then we probably wouldn't have had such a drop off in performances, Raul injury or not.

Any season ticket holders with kids left on here? Check your emails I've had a free ticket offer Drayton Manor for all holders, additional tickets available for 25 quid.

Yep. Got it, last time I went to Drayton Manor it was awful though 😬

If we'd let Nuno spend £44m on who he wanted instead of handing him Fabio Silva and Ki-Jana Hoever, then we probably wouldn't have had such a drop off in performances, Raul injury or not.

I thought Nuno had a decent say in who we brought in? I always thought Hwang and Guedes were batted back by him while he was here and then there's the rumour he chose Podence over Olmo?

Despite the values spent, they were both developmental signings. Rightly or wrongly Nuno had zero interest in the U23s. I think he only went to watch them once, so probably just shrugged his shoulders

I don't buy it with Hoever. We bought Semedo at more or less the exact same time for nearly £30m, he's still playing now, if we extend his deal beyond this season he's still going to be fine in the PL for another couple of years surely. So when was he supposed to grab the shirt. You certainly don't sign a RB for £9m plus add ons because you reckon he'll break through five years or more later. As it stands multiple people at the club think he's worse than Matt Doherty.

It was some kind of shit fiddle with the shit Jota deal that we inexplicably agreed to. Ask Jeff why we did all that.

Jota/Hoever was when Sellars was still dicking around the place, wasn’t it? So probably no point trying to find logic there.

Wasn’t Hoever a CB originally?

Back