• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It's a pity that that any member of the crowd or players nearby who had a clear view of this, can't file for common assault.
Wolves will lose out, Zyro will lose out especially financially but he he has been prevented from earning a living by definately foul means. (pun intended!)
On behalf of Zyro, I think someone should lodge a common assault case against Kay.
If MK Dons are apologizing on behalf of the player then that'll do for admitting liabilty.

Clearly you have never heard of volenti. It is a complete defence to sporting injuries in that you consent to the risk by taking to the field. Unless the challenge is so outlandish that you couldn't have consented to it.

This was tested in the case of our beloved ex-manager ending Paul Elliot's career.

To suggest it could be criminally assault is even more bonkers than trying for civil relief.

Anthony Kay subbed off after 77 minutes in a 0-4 defeat... clearly affected by the mental stress of the challenge :violin: :facepalm:

Clearly you have never heard of volenti. It is a complete defence to sporting injuries in that you consent to the risk by taking to the field. Unless the challenge is so outlandish that you couldn't have consented to it.

This was tested in the case of our beloved ex-manager ending Paul Elliot's career.

To suggest it could be criminally assault is even more bonkers than trying for civil relief.

That's me told then.

It actually makes sense in that context - he's 17 but he isn't a wallflower, he's already strong and built like a full grown man. Not a spindly little thing like Robbie Keane was when he first came through. So we don't need to send him out on loan and we don't need to overly protect him, he can look after himself.

I missed the game & commentary on saturday, but was pleased to read he gave him a 30 minute run out.
Hoping for more of the same. I'm also wondering when Deslandes will get some time on the pitch.

Voted for JG and will again on the official poll.

Price the only one who comes close tbh although Afobe did very well to get into double figures in a shocking team before we sold him. Henry has had a good goals return and had a few really good spells but his form has been patchy overall and has been deservedly dropped from the XI on several occasions. As well as Doherty has been playing recently he's had 3 or 4 games that individually were so poor that they automatically disqualify him for me.

How anyone can vote for Edwards or Ikeme is beyond me. The fact that Timbo has Edwards' highlight of the season as the Fulham 3-2 game speaks volumes. He didn't even play well in that game!

I can't think of a single player who has been pretty consistent over the whole season.

Graham probably would have been had Jackett not picked about 7 other players over him for the first 3 months of the season and had he not had the injury.

Price may also have been if Jackett hadn't kept trying to replace him.

Voted Jack Price on that...Every time he come back into the starting XI he shows why he should be one of the first names on the team sheet

In that list I'm not sure how anyone could vote for anyone other than Jack Price.

Rumour on MolMix that our sponsor for next year will be The Money Shop...

Jack Price for Man of the Season - Graham was the only other one to consider, but only 12 games (though the fact that was all he got was not his fault at all)

Jack has improved us every time he has played & shown himself to be a leader on the field even if he has no official title

Sorry, but the flippant devil in me voted for Edwards...

Retrospectively I would consider this a protest at how our season has regressed into a farce, however, it could also be explained by me being a knob

voted Jack Price, was there really any other choice, well, apart from KJ, ha ha ha ha .

Has to be Jack Price for me.

Been treated awfully by a completely inept manager, yet has bounced back from each set-back with commanding displays.

Edwards and Doherty :icon_lol:

Jordan Graham has provided what little excitement there has been this year, so him. Obviously you shouldn't vote for someone who has only played 12 games, but that says everything about the season really.

I'd love Graham to get it or Price. Two players who Jackett went to great lengths to avoid using who have been undoubtedly our best players. It'll shine a damning light on Jacketts incompetence and how shite this season has been that players who've missed swathes of games are the best options.

Back