• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm sure the club will have contacted Wolves and you would hope the player would as well but nowt has been made public yet.

Carl Robinson - ex wolf - manages Vancouver Whitecaps.

Karl Robinson - knobhead - manages MK Dons.

I'm sure the club will have contacted Wolves and you would hope the player would as well but nowt has been made public yet.

Not sure they have said anything.

Danny Batth 'Bart' ‏@Danny_Batth 4h4 hours agoGutted for @Michal_Zyro on the injury- cant express how angry I am with how it happened but he will be strong and comeback from it

Disappointing from the club angle if they haven't contacted KJ or Jez.

Head Coach Kenny Jackett re-iterated his personal disappointment with the challenge, and was asked if Wolves had received any apology from the player concerned, as well as whether there needed to be a rule change in terms of retrospective action after a serious foul is committed.

“I don’t want to hamper MK Dons’ chances of staying up and getting results in the future,” he explained.

“We just have to eradicate those types of tackles because it is career threatening and is going to put a fellow professional out for what is going to be a considerable amount of time.

“I am personally very disappointed because Michal had his leg planted on the floor and that is the worst possible situation for the tackle which came in knee high.

“You could tell straightaway that it was a bad one and he was in trouble and unfortunately over the last couple of days that has proved the case.

“I am not asking for that (an apology) – it is on his conscience what he does from here.

“My focus is on doing things professionally with the referee and the powers-that-be and then supporting the player.

“I am very disappointed with the tackle and to say it was a red card is putting it mildly.

“For the referee to only book the player in those circumstances was surprising.

“I told the fourth official at the time that I thought it was a bad tackle and I said that to the referee at half time and then again at full time after physio had a good look at it.

“I tried to contact the referee again this morning and I am sure he will come back to me.

“I think as the Head Coach it is right for me to follow up what happened on the day and make my feelings known.

“But now we have to focus on Michal and giving him every opportunity to come back and get back in a Wolves shirt whenever that might be.

“He is a tough lad, and he will work away very hard to come back stronger and to be a very good player for Wolves.

“He is a determined character and his focus now must be on getting back.”

Pretty clear there hasn't been any apology from MK. Tbf I wouldn't expect the least self-aware club in the world to realise that anything was wrong.

An awful tackle. Can't believe it wasn't a red but to be honest even if he had been sent off, it would seem that a 3 game ban would be totally inadequate.

Tbf I have always thought that players causing an injury should be suspended for the time it takes for the victim to recover. Not making a special exception here.

Tbf I have always thought that players causing an injury should be suspended for the time it takes for the victim to recover. Not making a special exception here.
What about when Henry broke Zamora's leg with a perfectly fair tackle?

What about when Henry broke Zamora's leg with a perfectly fair tackle?

I don't know the details of that incident, but if it was a legal challenge/hit/whatever then no, there'd be no penalty.

Hard for me to imagine how it could have been perfectly fair and broken Zamora's leg, tbh.

Dave Whelan likes this post and is currently lobbying the FA to bring such a rule into force.

Dave Whelan likes this post and is currently lobbying the FA to bring such a rule into force.
Is he the chap who had his leg disintegrated by viscous, evil and obnoxious character from Wolverhampton during a cup match?

Can't say I've ever heard him mention it before.

Is he the chap who had his leg disintegrated by viscous, evil and obnoxious character from Wolverhampton during a cup match?

Can't say I've ever heard him mention it before.

Yep he's the one that fouled the Wolves player, came off worst and hasn't stopped whingeing about it since

It is simply a red card challenge. Bad, late, high and reckless. Clear as you like red card offence. However, that is all it is.

He should be getting a three match ban if the referee had any sense but that wasn't the case so it sucks. But that is all the punishment should have been.

Was it not in front of the 4th official mooning about on the half way line?
Or if not in front, wasn't it in his clear line of sight?

The fat bastard still doesn't get it, he wasn't just late was he.

Back