• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He may never recover. That is the type of injury that ends careers.

Antony Kay was beaten all ends up, decided to take Zyro out to stop Wolves scoring and has at the very least put a significant dent in a 23 year olds career. It was a fucking shameful challenge and he should be held accountable for it.

Was it Prutton watching our game for Sky? He laughed as he said Zyro had just been taken out by a proper defenders challenge!

Was it Prutton watching our game for Sky? He laughed as he said Zyro had just been taken out by a proper defenders challenge!

'Proper old fashioned centre halves tackle' or something along those lines with a smarmy smirk on his face.

He may never recover. That is the type of injury that ends careers.

Antony Kay was beaten all ends up, decided to take Zyro out to stop Wolves scoring and has at the very least put a significant dent in a 23 year olds career. It was a fucking shameful challenge and he should be held accountable for it.

I think it's late and reckless rather than malicious, he commits to the tackle well before Zyro gets a touch on it so I don't see it as a spiteful hack to just bring him down, it's a shit defender making a shit tackle with somewhat predictable shit consequences.

Unfortunately these things happen in the game.

I think it's late and reckless rather than malicious, he commits to the tackle well before Zyro gets a touch on it so I don't see it as a spiteful hack to just bring him down, it's a shit defender making a shit tackle with somewhat predictable shit consequences.

Unfortunately these things happen in the game.

He's beaten down the line and he knows it. He's 100% trying to take Michał down. If he was halfway competent he would've taken Zyro down without harming him, accepted his yellow and got on with the game like hundreds of footballers do week in week out. I don't think his lack of ability excuses him here, he's endangered a fellow professional and should be held accountable.

He's beaten down the line and he knows it. He's 100% trying to take Michał down. If he was halfway competent he would've taken Zyro down without harming him, accepted his yellow and got on with the game like hundreds of footballers do week in week out. I don't think his lack of ability excuses him here, he's endangered a fellow professional and should be held accountable.

Countless tackles every weekend endanger peoples careers, there really are some poor attempts at tackles these days but luckily most people manage to walk away from them more often than not, every now and again you get the shit storm where someone's foot is planted as the challenge hits and you get a bad injury, that's just how it is.

This isn't some insane, never before seen assault of a challenge nor is the injury something that's never happened before, the defender is fortunate he's not been sent off but people calling for ridiculous bans and such are massively overreacting in my opinion.

It's knee high!!! Bad tackles go over the ball yes. But knee high is 3 fucking balls!!!

If he catches him lower down he probably would get away with it or at worst broken leg. That's 3 months max not a year!

Having seen the pictures that is a criminal assault.

Potential career ending challenge that the local constabulary should be looking at

I come from an era when hard tackling was allowed, but that is not acceptable at any point anywhere

Countless tackles every weekend endanger peoples careers.

If you had tackles like Kay's happening 'every weekend', even at grass roots levels, then that would be grounds to disband the sport altogether.

If you had tackles like Kay's happening 'every weekend', even at grass roots levels, then that would be grounds to disband the sport altogether.

His tackle really isn't that out of the ordinary.

Bully coming on for England is like a JFK moment for many Wolves fans. Spent the whole day building up to the game, then most of the game waiting for him to come on too. The pride!

His tackle really isn't that out of the ordinary.

Still a terrible challenge that wasn't punished correctly, reality is it's no worse than the tackle Karl Henry put in on Jordi Gomez in 2010.

If it were the PL and the circumstances were the same, the publicity at least would make sure the referee got a holiday. In the Championship...nothing

This seems to have been a bad season for knee injuries in general. It might just be me noticing it more this season but there do seem to have been quite a high number of players out for the season with ligament injuries.

It's a bad challenge, but we see similar most weekends. Zyro is unlucky that it's caused a bad injury.

The hyperbole over it is ridiculous.

Oh please. It was horrific.

How was it any worse than Kevin Muscat's tackle on Matty Holmes in 1998?

No idea what the Muscat challenge was like, can't find any footage of it, but your wording seems to suggest that Muscat's was worse, which is exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Still a terrible challenge that wasn't punished correctly, reality is it's no worse than the tackle Karl Henry put in on Jordi Gomez in 2010.

There's no way he could've had any complaints if he'd been sent off, it's a reckless late tackle, I just don't think it's something completely out of the ordinary that's taken the game to new extremes like some seem to though.

It's a bad challenge, but we see similar most weekends. Zyro is unlucky that it's caused a bad injury.

The hyperbole over it is ridiculous.

Exactly my thoughts, it's a bad challenge but it's nothing we haven't seen before, calling for a year ban or police action is just laughable.

It is simply a red card challenge. Bad, late, high and reckless. Clear as you like red card offence. However, that is all it is.

He should be getting a three match ban if the referee had any sense but that wasn't the case so it sucks. But that is all the punishment should have been.

It's an awful tackle but the stills don't help. Slowing something down can show an all together different picture as can a still.

It's a horrific tackle worthy of a red and suitable ban after this, but you see awful tackles regularly.

Tim Spiers has just tweeted that he's spoken to our head physio and it could be more than a year out for Zyro.

Sounds like there's a strong chance we'll only see him back and available for the beginning of the 2017/18 season.

Back