• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Losing Iorfa in the summer is now a massive worry. He looks a monster (How he was in his first season) with better players around him. He has looked jaded and out of sorts with our bloody lot. Can see him being a Premier League player this summer.

Are there any rumours?

Something like that, if you end up with a few more summers of spending like Derby last year then £4m will soon be a non-event of a transfer for the Championship.

Building on Mark's point, if Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle come down, Derby stay down and we remain up for sale, for the first time I can remember I think there is a credible possibility of us losing players to another Championship side.

Happy 51st Birthday, Steve Bull. :beerchug:

Ikeme a doubt for the Ipswich game. He has picked up a stomach bug on International Duty.

Just watched Bully's 'top twenty' goals that someone had posted on Facebook, he scored some quality goals that any striker would be proud of.
Still pisses me off to this day when Barry Davies, that bastion of the establishment said, 'crude but effective' when describing his play in an England game.

Just watched Bully's 'top twenty' goals that someone had posted on Facebook, he scored some quality goals that any striker would be proud of.
Still pisses me off to this day when Barry Davies, that bastion of the establishment said, 'crude but effective' when describing his play in an England game.

I'd say that's exactly what Bull was. A brilliant battering ram of a striker, technically not the best but an absolute beast of a player nobody wanted to play against.

Bully wasnt a footballer, but he was a brilliant goalscorer. You can say the same for Jamie Vardy, a striker in the mold of Bully but not technically great.

What I always liked about Bully is, he knew his strengths and weaknesses and always played to his strengths, also I liked the fact he didn't fuck about, usually one touch and if the goals were anywhere near in sight he'd let fly, didn't care if he was off balance or which foot it came on.

Bully wasnt a footballer, but he was a brilliant goalscorer. You can say the same for Jamie Vardy, a striker in the mold of Bully but not technically great.
Not great skillful dribblers, maybe, but both of their shooting techniques are/were exquisite.

Doubt whether any of today's commentator's would describe Vardy as 'crude but effective' but then again he plays in the Premier League rather than the third division.

I feel sad you never had the opportunity of seeing GOD live. He was out of this world.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My only Bully memory is him scoring for Hereford and it coming up while I was wtching soccer Saturday when I was about 6 :(

Many many happy memories of Bully for us.

I also took my eldest to the Villa friendly so he could say he saw Bully live. Shame his knee only lasted 10 minutes.

Many many happy memories of Bully for us.

I also took my eldest to the Villa friendly so he could say he saw Bully live. Shame his knee only lasted 10 minutes.
Went trying to do a Bully...chest a cross and volley home.

I feel sad you never had the opportunity of seeing GOD live. He was out of this world.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He scored within 60 seconds of my first Wolves game and got sent off for twatting a Swindon defender in my second. He really was God to me as a young Wolves fan. Every team up and down the country has their cult heroes but very few of them compare to Bully and what he meant to our support. Vardy is an excellent comparison.

Some of the goals on this vid...

Back