• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Also...remember the game where Dave Jones was going to play Oakes at left back as we were so short of players. Got round that by playing Lescott who had only learnt how to put his football boots back on the week before after recovering from his gangster knee injury

Was that how Matt Murray got injured too? Playing around, so to speak?

Matt had great upper body strength, just no legs to support him

Matt Murray oh what might have been, he would be at his peak by now and heading towards the European Championships as England's number one.

He'll be 35 in May, he'd have to have had one hell of a career to still be at his peak.

I always felt that his upper body was so big that his lower body couldn't support it. His frame was one of the reasons he was such a good keeper though. A great shame.

I worked at Asda before I moved to Lincoln and he came in the one day. Remember saying to a colleague 'somebody skips leg day' and then he turned around. since then I felt as you do TT.

Didn't he get quite a bad injury fairly early on in his career, perhaps something to do with his back and that meant he had to adjust a lot of his technique to compensate which in turn lead to a lot of other problems, like his woeful kicking and the stress fractures and things he picked up?

Had 2 or 3 bad leg injuries before he was 20

Yeah he did. Even for his terrible kicking he was still unbelievable. He would no doubt have played many times for England.

He'll be 35 in May, he'd have to have had one hell of a career to still be at his peak.

I always felt that his upper body was so big that his lower body couldn't support it. His frame was one of the reasons he was such a good keeper though. A great shame.

35 for a keeper, that seems about the perfect age. OK going downhill towards the forties.

Murray's throwing was exceptional enough to make up for his inability to kick.

I seem to recall he suffered with shin splints as a teenager, used to be known as 'growing pains', makes you wonder whether that played a part in his blighted career.

Keen to see how Hause develops as he's no age for a CH - has the physical strength & potential football skills to be a club favourite & an England full Int if he can keep developing

No guarantee of sucess but there is a lot to work with there

They've both looked good so far, Dom linking well with Gray down the right hand side.

Losing Iorfa in the summer is now a massive worry. He looks a monster (How he was in his first season) with better players around him. He has looked jaded and out of sorts with our bloody lot. Can see him being a Premier League player this summer.

Back