• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Wallace out 4-6 weeks with a torn quad.

Just end this season already.

We have had unbelievable bad luck with injuries. I wonder how much better we would have done without all the injury problems.

Wallace out 4-6 weeks with a torn quad.

Just end this season already.

Wallace hardly missed a game at Portsmouth, was injury free at Millwall. Has this power and speed bulking up through weights created a situation where players are more likely to get injured.
It reminds me of Rafa Nadal bulking up then finding himself injured on a regular occurrence while Novak Djokovic seemed to focus on flexibility to remain injury free.

Back on the wolves goals(only just dipped in this topic) for me it's Kenny millers goal v Man Utd,just because afterwards a few of us went on the lash to celebrate,and due to this and me not going home,I missed the chance to marry a gorgeous Estonian,and a friend got attacked by a Russian with an axe,and a wheely bin got damaged!

With the injuries, I wonder whether part of it's due to the changes in staff. We've had a few seasons without too many long-term injuries (with the exception of freak, exceptional ones like Mouyokolo's or Boukari's, or even O'Hara's hernia issues), but then our head physio was poached by the FA, and suddenly we get a season with what feels like most of our best first XI out for much of the season.

Could also be simple reversion to the mean, though. You get a few seasons without any real injury problems, you're going to get some with a bunch as well, that's just how chance works.

Doesn't matter how good your physio or training staff are you can't really prepare for serious knee injuries, particularly ligament injuries, so it would be hard to argue Dicko, and Graham's injuries, along with the broken bones for EEL and Edwards were down to anything but bad luck.

Williamson has had a strain for months now and that is very unusual for hamstring strains, too much so for plausibility, but then Hause, Zyro and now Wallace have all had muscle injuries too so something would seem to be amiss in the training regime somewhere.

Serious questions have to be asked about the training routines and the fitness department. I can't remember us having so many injuries in one season.

I find it hard to believe that less than a week back training at Wolves could have had much impact on Wallace's muscles.

We have had seasons worse than this.

I think what makes it look worse is that nearly all the injuries are long term ones. Though Williamson and Henry were meant to be back some time ago. I really do not know what is happening with Williamson. It is now five months since he played.

We have had seasons worse than this.

96/97 was worse, four cruciate injuries (Daley, Williams, Corica, Gilkes), Curle not starting a game until January, Richards out for the season from January, Froggatt and Emblen missing the run in.

I think what makes it look worse is that nearly all the injuries are long term ones. Though Williamson and Henry were meant to be back some time ago. I really do not know what is happening with Williamson. It is now five months since he played.
Williamson got another injury didn't he. Last update was the hamstring was fine.

Didn't we have a lot of injuries one season when Mick McCarthy was manager?

We had a temporary injury crisis around Christmas 2010, hence Ward having to play up front and a very young EEL was on the bench for a couple of games.

Blues game had us playing all our fit players and 2 players on the bench not fully fit.

Managed to win as well.

As much as I love to blame Ken for as much as possible, I would put most of this down to bad luck. However, substituting players when they look they are tiring might be a good idea occasionally. Or even just using substitutes full stop.

Blues game had us playing all our fit players and 2 players on the bench not fully fit.

Managed to win as well.

One of the great Premier League benches.

Hahnemann, Doherty (aged 18 and not played any professional games), Mujangi Bia, Ebanks-Landell (aged 17, no games), Corby and Telford legend Nathan Rooney, an injured Fletcher and Sam Winnall.

Also...remember the game where Dave Jones was going to play Oakes at left back as we were so short of players. Got round that by playing Lescott who had only learnt how to put his football boots back on the week before after recovering from his gangster knee injury

Also our Miller/Ndah partnership in 02/03 only came about because literally everyone else was injured. No chance DJ would ever have tried that by choice.

Back