• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Where have you seen this?
Saw A friend who used to work at Wolves today. He saw him (John Bowater) at a game at Thomas Telford and he told him that.

I don’t think any of it is “news”. But if a director is saying it’s a shit show then surely that’s not good.

Apparently John Bowater has said “the club is a sinking ship even if JL has managed to plug a few holes, it’s still sinking” and “I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks”. Suggested Jeff Shi hasn’t got a clue and it’s all a bit of a mess behind the scenes
Firstly he's on the board so hardly a ringing endorsement of his efforts and secondly in what other industry does a company director make this kind of statement in public (apart from Gerald Ratner) ? Even if Jeff "hasn't got a clue", what the fuck is the board doing?

Firstly he's on the board so hardly a ringing endorsement of his efforts and secondly in what other industry does a company director make this kind of statement in public (apart from Gerald Ratner) ? Even if Jeff "hasn't got a clue", what the fuck is the board doing?
I don't think he's on the working board is he?

A football club isn’t a normal business. Doubt he has any involvement in the running of the club.

Just a rich wolves fan from Wolverhampton. I don’t think “the board” have been a thing since the SJH days.

Apologies I thought he was actually a board member

Looks like Garagarza is going to be leaving to become the new Sporting Director at Espanyol.

Looks like Garagarza is going to be leaving to become the new Sporting Director at Espanyol.
That's us fucked then.

Jokes aside, but strange we had this guy at the club with little fanfare and what seems to be no role or impact for ~5 months?

There's something fundamentally wrong with our club.
Or he came with Lopetegui to help him get his idea's implemented with regards to transfers and targets...it turns out Hobbs is actually decent and singing from the same song sheet as Lop's so his role has been not really been anything since January. He now fancies doing some actual work and Lopetegui is happy to carry on with Hobbs.

(Or its shit storm of a club he wants out, Lop wants out and Hobbs is rubbish...)

So the sky may or may not be falling in because a bloke who has done not a lot for not very long has gone somewhere else. Okay.

Remember when Glen gave Carl Hoddle a long term contract a couple of days before Glen quit?

The big chinned cunt.

Fair play though I guess.

Remember when Glen gave Carl Hoddle a long term contract a couple of days before Glen quit?

The big chinned cunt.

Fair play though I guess.
Lage had his even dorkier brother too. Like having the fucking McWhirter twins managing your team.

I think Ancelotti has his son on board, if Lop Jr is good at what he does then I don't mind.

Back