• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Great chance to see what Deslandes can do now. Hause will sit next to Batth now I presume Williamson is still crocked.

I think that's why I am maybe not as scathing as him, plus I feel sorry for him as it's not fault he's picked when he isn't good enough or we are in the scenario where he has been one of our only two available options.

While partly we are poor to watch is because we have poor footballers in our team, Jackett aggravates this by asking us to just hoof it. At the start of last season Batth's poor technical ability was masked by the fact he had three or four options on the ball (McDonald, Evans, Stearman, van la Parra/Henry) who wanted the ball to progress up the field. Now KJ is quite clearly telling us not to play out from the back I think it shows up their weaknesses.

What is shocking is that in the Michael Calvin book 'Living on the volcano' Jackett says this:

"We felt we needed to change the playing style, by playing out from the back, because at the big club the product has to be right.".

He has repeatedly said to that to be a good Premier League team you need to be able to play out from the back. So why have we abandoned this completely? We haven't played out from the goalkeeper as a style of play in 18 months now. It's just poor.

Yep. And then Hause might get shifted to left back once Williamson is back.

EEL isn't anywhere good enough, at least with Batth we have seen him look solid over a long period at this level previously (granted he has had a poor season this time), EEL has never looked better than a barely adequate stand in.

I reckon Batth will look alright again if he plays next to Willo, EEL would look exactly the same as he always does, shite on the ball, cumbersome movement, sloppy marking and forever looking like there's a howler right around the corner.

Yeah my issue with EEL has been that he still gets dragged out very far from the defensive line. I don't think that's an experience thing, just basic defending. It has caused us problems time and time again. Neither should be in the team if we had Williamson available in my opinion. I'm pretty sick of watching Batth now.

Yeah my issue with EEL has been that he still gets dragged out very far from the defensive line. I don't think that's an experience thing, just basic defending. It has caused us problems time and time again. Neither should be in the team if we had Williamson available in my opinion. I'm pretty sick of watching Batth now.

I'm not sure what EEL expects to achieve when he does that. He'll routinely end up in front of the midfield 3 chasing after the ball.

I'm not sure what EEL expects to achieve when he does that. He'll routinely end up in front of the midfield 3 chasing after the ball.

Urgh, just remembered that first Leeds goal where he lost the ball in open play and was actually in advance of Afobe at the time.

What is shocking is that in the Michael Calvin book 'Living on the volcano' Jackett says this:

"We felt we needed to change the playing style, by playing out from the back, because at the big club the product has to be right.".

He has repeatedly said to that to be a good Premier League team you need to be able to play out from the back. So why have we abandoned this completely? We haven't played out from the goalkeeper as a style of play in 18 months now. It's just poor.

I'm not sure Jackett has the confidence in his back 4 to play out from the back and he has reverted to trying not to lose as a mentality. There is nowhere to go if he doesn't have confidence in his players, he's tried several different playing styles and formations this season and largely none of them have worked. I wonder if he has just lost faith

He also sounds and looks like he is going through the motions till the end of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if his agent didn't have a job for him already lined up.

Urgh, just remembered that first Leeds goal where he lost the ball in open play and was actually in advance of Afobe at the time.

He did that twice vs Huddersfield, such a stupid footballer. Neither time did any of our 3 defensive midfielders think to drop back and cover for the bloody lunatic.

I'm not sure Jackett has the confidence in his back 4 to play out from the back and he has reverted to trying not to lose as a mentality. There is nowhere to go if he doesn't have confidence in his players, he's tried several different playing styles and formations this season and largely none of them have worked. I wonder if he has just lost faith

He also sounds and looks like he is going through the motions till the end of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if his agent didn't have a job for him already lined up.

Agree with para 1 - feel it has been that way for a while.

For the love of god I hope para 2 is correct.

12829317_1088257951205573_3243949223169989569_o.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen such a disconnect at Wolves between the way the coaching and administrative staff view a player's ability compared to the way the fans do than with Coady.

I don't think I've ever seen such a disconnect at Wolves between the way the coaching and administrative staff view a player's ability compared to the way the fans do than with Coady.

EEL surely? They think he's got potential to be a Premier League centre half...

You've got the same situation with Wallace, though the opinions are reversed.

EEL surely? They think he's got potential to be a Premier League centre half...

That's just from Jackett, right? And that's all about potential, not current ability.

Like, every team has its players that the fans don't rate as highly as the manager, but by all accounts the view on Coady within the club is that he's been a bright spot on an otherwise downbeat season - justifying his transfer fee, being our "midfield maestro" in tweets, that kind of thing.

We may have spent all kinds of time moaning about players like Ward or Hunt under McCarthy, for comparison, but it wasn't in contrast to the club talking them up as the stars of the team who we'd be building up around.

It's the fans that gave him player of the month.

Back