• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Consensus on here at the time was that we couldn't afford to let him go because we were so short on options, the manager probably shared that view and he had played pretty well vs Fulham and QPR. Obviously since then he has reverted to being Emo Raj as well as being bloody awful in a couple of further games (which we all know is more representative of him as a player) and driven a rift between him and the fans that is unlikely to be repaired so the circumstances have changed.

Regardless as I say I do not believe Huddersfield bid £2m for him and to castigate Moxey on such a basis is faintly ludicrous. As ever there are more than enough sticks to beat the club and him personally with, no need to resort to fiction and supposition. If anyone can provide me with evidence that Huddersfield are in that kind of bidding range for players despite never in their entire history spending anywhere near that much on anyone and being a loss making enterprise with limited income streams then away you go. As it is it seems extremely unlikely.

Not really sure what to think about the Williamson situation, have we just been very unlucky (again) or is it piss poor work from our medical team? he's been injured now... what 3-4 months and over 2 months with us, which seems ludricrous given he was a stop gap signing at best

Yes exactly like that. In that case the manager agreed to sell him as he felt the money was worth losing the player for.

It's not difficult. Jackett has a major say in transfers in and out, as you'd expect any manager to have.

I really don't believe that's the case Bear, I think (and I can't say this with any certainty) that players are bought and sold with or without his say so. Players in he will no doubt get more say but players out I'm really not so sure on. They'll get sold whether he wants to keep them or not.

I really don't believe that's the case Bear, I think (and I can't say this with any certainty) that players are bought and sold with or without his say so. Players in he will no doubt get more say but players out I'm really not so sure on. They'll get sold whether he wants to keep them or not.

i imagine it'll be more like, Kenny, we've had a good offer in and we're minded to sell. note we'll need to consider selling players anyway at some point in order to balance the books and especially if you want to bring any others in. have you any objection to the sale? Kenny replies, well, as you've put it that way, no I don't. hence, the club can say we sold him for football reasons when those were clearly not the reasons.

the afobe sale, i'd agree, Kenny wouldn't have a say in mainly because of the amount.

We're massively overstocked in his position so no issues with letting him go. I don't think he's ever going to fit in here with Jackett in charge.

It was Jez I think, and he said "one of the best centre halves in this league".

They obviously rate EEL to an extent, but Batth and Hause were clearly going to be our preferred partnership if all went to plan this season, as it is they've started six games together. We now have Williamson as well so EEL is going to be fourth choice next year, at a time when we aren't exactly flush with defenders. I wouldn't read too much into it tbh, when they've praised him of late it's normally been in response to people bleating about selling Superstar Stearman for the billionth time.

The fan voted Player of the Month awards lost all credibility when Edwards won one.

it's just talking up the squad/members at a time when there's reasons not to. if the fans were positive about things, there wouldn't be a need to. i can understand why they do it but if they really want the fans full buy in to what they say it needs to translate on the pitch sooner or later.

It isn't. I'm sure he ran it by Jackett and was told he was still needed more than the money. If he didn't he would have been sold.

We also had one striker and three wingers fit at the time too.

Not really sure what to think about the Williamson situation, have we just been very unlucky (again) or is it piss poor work from our medical team? he's been injured now... what 3-4 months and over 2 months with us, which seems ludricrous given he was a stop gap signing at best

Piss poor, in my opinion.

I'm not sure KJ should have any say regarding transfers, tbh.

Granted, I'm not sure anyone who has had a say in transfers over the past two years should be involved anymore.

VLP is a legend in his own mind and the arrogance poured off him during the interview after QPR away. He's shown at best glimpses but for the majority has been a fucking liability/passenger. Tara.

As for £2m only way I'd see it is if they wrote off whatever we owe for Coady (assuming we're paying in installments) and mugged them off in return.

I wouldn't describe him as hungry. Seems a smart guy who's made a few quid and is just wringing out his cloth.

Why should he care what happens to Wolves?

I get the feeling he'll go with the flow ..

“TV League” so far:

#wwfc 14
#lufc 13
#boro 13
#dcfc 12
#clarets 11
#nffc 11
#QPR 11
#BHAFC 10
#hcafc 10

Thats the only one we will be top off in 2016 then

Be interesting (if I could be bothered) to check who those games were against - could well be more who we were playing rather than Sky having a Wolves fixation

Be interesting (if I could be bothered) to check who those games were against - could well be more who we were playing rather than Sky having a Wolves fixation

In no order

Hull - H
Leeds - H
Derby - H
Forest - H
QPR - A
Birmingham - A
Brighton - A
Boro - A
Hull - A
Reading - H
Huddersfield - H
Cardiff - A
Birmingham - H
Derby - A

You can see why a lot of those were picked - other teams doing well or expected to, local derby with the 2 B'ham ones

Agree Huddersfield was somewhat odd, though so to Reading & QPR to a degree

CdMR_w_WwAAMpJZ.jpg

Has Strachan actually watched McDonald lately?

:icon_lol: so all that time he doesn't pick him and then he does now

Back