• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

And that is based on?

Well the club obviously don't rate him particularly highly at the moment as he's barely seen any first team action, though if you listened to majority of fans you'd think it was the next Messi being punted out on loan.

That's just from Jackett, right? And that's all about potential, not current ability.

Like, every team has its players that the fans don't rate as highly as the manager, but by all accounts the view on Coady within the club is that he's been a bright spot on an otherwise downbeat season - justifying his transfer fee, being our "midfield maestro" in tweets, that kind of thing.

We may have spent all kinds of time moaning about players like Ward or Hunt under McCarthy, for comparison, but it wasn't in contrast to the club talking them up as the stars of the team who we'd be building up around.

There's been a lot of praise for EEL from the club as well. Listen to Ken's post match interview on Friday, you'd think EEL was in the form of his life. That particular quote about EEL being good enough for the Premier League came from Thelwell but he said 'we' so you can assume it's a widely held view within the club.

There's been a lot of praise for EEL from the club as well. Listen to Ken's post match interview on Friday, you'd think EEL was in the form of his life. That particular quote about EEL being good enough for the Premier League came from Thelwell but he said 'we' so you can assume it's a widely held view within the club.

Thelwell too? Christ. Thought it was just Jackett's opinion (though he could be trying to save a young player's morale when he's been making a bunch of mistakes and then suffered a season-ending injury, if we wanted to be charitable...)

Thelwell too? Christ. Thought it was just Jackett's opinion (though he could be trying to save a young player's morale when he's been making a bunch of mistakes and then suffered a season-ending injury, if we wanted to be charitable...)

Thelwell said it at the last FP meeting.

It was Jez I think, and he said "one of the best centre halves in this league".

Jez says next season Nouha will be back. And Zyro before that. And now we also have Bjorn Sigurdarson back. A big money signing who is back fit and doing well. Let's not forget who we have back in the building. Maybe after a full season of football Ebanks-Landell can become one of the best centre backs in the league.

They obviously rate EEL to an extent, but Batth and Hause were clearly going to be our preferred partnership if all went to plan this season, as it is they've started six games together. We now have Williamson as well so EEL is going to be fourth choice next year, at a time when we aren't exactly flush with defenders. I wouldn't read too much into it tbh, when they've praised him of late it's normally been in response to people bleating about selling Superstar Stearman for the billionth time.

The fan voted Player of the Month awards lost all credibility when Edwards won one.

It was Jez I think, and he said "one of the best centre halves in this league".
"can become"

Hardly making out he is the best defender ever and will become the best defender in the world. Praising a Yoof player and going a little over the top to defend the idea of using the youth players.

WM reporting that Williamson now has a 'glute muscle injury' whatever one of those is

Cheers, I've not heard of that injury before. He must have spent too long sat on it

Indication that he's been told that his time is up at the end of the season so doesn't care now? Or just tht he feels untouchable in the current circumstances so it doesn't matter how well or badly he does

Gutted. I thought he'd really look the part this season. How wrong I was.

Indication that he's been told that his time is up at the end of the season so doesn't care now? Or just tht he feels untouchable in the current circumstances so it doesn't matter how well or badly he does

Could be either The staggering arrogance at the FP and the commissioning of the nonsense report in how he wants the supporters to support the club shows how much he has either disengaged from football or is so deluded he thinks he can do what he wants without consequence. Either way it is a bad situation for the club to be in at the moment.

Huddersfield were prepared to make Van La Parra their record signing (by some distance) off the back of a six game loan spell at Brighton?

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/owner-chairman-dean-hoyle-pumped-372m-8580536

£6m loss for 2013/14 and a further £6m loss projected for 2014/15. Would be very surprised on a number of levels if they had that kind of money (£2m) to spend on one player with an indifferent at best record in this division and a questionable attitude.

I'm all for giving Jez a kicking where it's merited, I'm not sure it is here.

It isn't. I'm sure he ran it by Jackett and was told he was still needed more than the money. If he didn't he would have been sold.

Yes exactly like that. In that case the manager agreed to sell him as he felt the money was worth losing the player for.

It's not difficult. Jackett has a major say in transfers in and out, as you'd expect any manager to have.

Back