• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Conor Coady reminds me of Scott Brown and not in a good way. If he can produce the kind of performances he did vs Hull & Derby he'll be a decent player but overall he's looking very expensive at £2M.

Agree - in a game where we are out of possession and looking to press in midfield he offers something just as he did in the Derby game. But other than that I am failing to find what other qualities he holds? His first touch is poor, he is very rash in the tackle, his passing is average.

Jack Price is no superstar but we play better football when we look to pass the ball through him than at any other time under Jackett. He's able to pass the ball first time because he knows what he is going to do before it comes. He tackles well and he can read the game. He lacks concentration defensively sometimes and he isn't the most mobile but at least he is thinking about the game rather than just kicking it and chasing it like most of our team seem to do.

We spent £2m to upgrade on Price and we certainly haven't been successful in doing it.

Just had a look. Prices being charged to away fans at Hull & Leeds in March.

Leeds
Bolton - £37
Huddersfield - £35

Leeds (even in this shit league) do that categories nonsense/bullshit and a ST holder was telling me that
they recently made the Sheff Weds match a Cat B but the Bolton match a Cat A???

He says no one really understands why.

Doherty bigging up his international credentials again on the official site today. Settle down Matt, you had one good game.

Brady
Wilson
Ward
Cunningham

All a lot better than him, McClean is wank but has been used at LB too. Clark and O'Shea can play there as well if required.

Doherty bigging up his international credentials again on the official site today. Settle down Matt, you had one good game.

Pride before a fall. Ah, nonsense he's going to continue his great form (on the left) and make the Euro 2016 squad.

Dreams are made of this ...

If they can make a film about Vardy lets have a fillum about the Doc ...

Tomorrow they take Boro ..............

He is a better left back than he is a right back. In as much as Douglas Bader would have been a better javelin thrower than a long jumper.

We've issued a nothing statement about Sky fixture changes which essentially reads we understand it pisses you off, erm, yeah.

I'd rather they make a gesture like free coach travel for those tomorrow/Hull or shut the fuck up.

No-one wants to travel four hours each way with the freaks on the coach.

Brady
Wilson
Ward
Cunningham

All a lot better than him, McClean is wank but has been used at LB too. Clark and O'Shea can play there as well if required.

He's never going to be picked over the first 2 and Ward is better than him also. So he's going to need some serious luck with injuries to have any chance whatsoever. Right backs no better either.

Ireland had some young kid playing RB during Euro qualifiers who was impressive.

Wolves v Villa moved for Sky Sports live coverage - wish I knew the bloody lottery numbers next year too

Blimey. Feel for him - the run of games was doing him a lot of good. Not sure he's ever going to be very good at this level but I quite like him. He's been better than Batth. He's had a few injuries now.

We really need Williamson back.

Are they all taking it in turns because they can't be arsed with this season?

Blimey. Feel for him - the run of games was doing him a lot of good. Not sure he's ever going to be very good at this level but I quite like him. He's been better than Batth. He's had a few injuries now.

We really need Williamson back.

I'm not sure the run of games was making that much difference. He was probably less shit than others around him in the last two Sky games but going back only 4 games he put in a totally inept performance away at Huddersfield and then was part of a back 4 that conceded 3 at Brentford. He's been utterly dreadful this season, the 'partnership' of Batth & EEL is one of the main reasons we've been so boring to watch IMO. Their lack of composure on the ball combined with the way they fall apart whenever you take their wall of defensive midfielders away from them or ask them to play a higher line is our biggest weakness under Kenny Jackett in 15/16. Ken's insistence that EEL has the potential to be a Premier League player has to be the most deluded statement to come out of Wolves since I've started supporting them, including all of Saunders' bullshit.

You're right though, he is better than Batth.

Back