• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

1+1 deals also offered to Anthony Breslin, Regan Upton, Ben O'Hanlon, Ryan Rainey and Bradley Reid.

Thought we'd let O'Hanlon go, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near contention and he's 20 now.

Yeah, surprised about O'Hanlon.

O'Hanlon has good ability its just he has always been a fair distance behind the others on physical development. Hayden is a lucky boy he has the concentration levels of a five year old.

Surprised more haven't gone. Assuming Boukari, McAlindon, Rowe and McCarey leave by my reckoning we will start next year with 47 professionals before any signings or sales. We seem very bloated with U21's although I'm sure their wages are in the main low

Boukari has all but been announced he is ok (shock, horror). There was a piece on the Wolves site a while back talking about the injuries and our Physio saying Boukari should go on have have a decent career once he recovers from his current injury and added "sadly that won't be here at Wolves though" (or something along those lines)

Liam Mac is surely gone. Who know's on Rowe though - If we are still floating around as we are now, I can see him being offered a 1 + 1 deal to help keep the squad numbers and at minimal cost. McCarey will be gone as well.

Just seen some more games from the championship scheduled for Sky, that's one good thing about being crap, you start to get ignored by Sky.

Just seen some more games from the championship scheduled for Sky, that's one good thing about being crap, you start to get ignored by Sky.
Took them long enough mind.

2 Boro games moved at short notice. QPR away now a Friday night, and Charlton away is a Sunday kickoff.

They really don't give two fucking shits about the fans trying to get to the games. Cunts.

How the fuck are Boro fans supposed to get to South London on a Sunday?

That will take a tweak of legislation but it has to happen and soon because this is just getting stupid. We are the second division ffs and fixtures are getting humped all over the place. We must have been on telly three times as much as Albion in the top flight. Absolutely nonsensical.

Think Albion are the team with the lowest amount of live games in the Prem.

They have five scheduled between now and 25th April and I think they've been on four times already. If they don't have any of their final three games shown (hard to tell until we know what else is happening in the league) that'll leave them with 23.6% of league games televised, they've had two FA Cup replays shown live too.

Blues will be our 13th game shown, if we don't have any of our final nine games televised (not especially likely, maybe if there's nothing else to play for and Sheff Wed are going for 6th place that one might get picked) then we'll end up with 28.3% of league games televised.

Without looking to the numbers (£'s) Sky games shown live mean higher sales for the club being shown opposed to the few hundred (maybe 1000+) who don't turn up because of it not being 3:00pm Saturday. Added to that what % of those who don't turn up have already paid for their ticket via ST or otherwise so that is not lost from the sales figure for that game.

At the end of the day football, particularly because of Sky, is a business so a higher sales figure is what all businesses generally want. Simple as fuck the supporters their not important at all.

Having said that I fucking hate Friday night, Saturday morning, Sunday and Monday kick offs for live TV purposes - can't enjoy the day out because of school the next day!!!

Game at Hull in April now on a Friday night and live on Sky.

Game at Hull in April now on a Friday night and live on Sky.
Wank. I'd just found a blog about a great craft beer/real ale pub crawl round Hull which I'd plan on taking in before the game.

Wank. I'd just found a blog about a great craft beer/real ale pub crawl round Hull which I'd plan on taking in before the game.

Well, you've got all day Friday to do it now!

Back