• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

There's no if about it, directors' pay in 2013/14 when we were in League One was £491k and he's the only one on the board who draws a salary. Penny to a pound that salary went up when we got promoted back to the Championship although we've only released the headline figures so far.

No McDonald is on more with his new contract as is Dicko with his I think. Reported as being around the 11/12k pw mark. Your point is still accurate though he is obscenely overpaid for the club that we are and in a time of cutbacks is an obvious saving to make. My business turns over just shy of £100m and our Chief Exec earns less than half of that. More pertinently so do those in similar roles in the Championship

How do Moxey's wages compare to other CEO's in the championship?

Someone posted a couple of years ago on here or Mol Mix that £150k was about the going rate. I'm on my phone so can't search a link. Penk is probably the man best in the know on these things

Crazy and obscene money for 15 years of fuck ups

I'm sure if you ask nicely he will give it back. His pay is OTT but 2 owners have decided he is worth every penny.

Jez did what he was told by Jack Hayward. Jez does what he is told my Morgan. Jez is very good at doing what he is told by the person who owns the club and who decides how much to pay him. Neither Hayward or Morgan saw fit to get rid of Moxey and that's probably because he is very good at doing what he is told...and doing what he is told is his job - he executes the wishes of the owner on a day to day basis and if he didn't, he would have been sacked years ago.

James Henry out for about three weeks due to his hamstring injury.

Big opportunity for Byrne then. Chance for Enobakhare to get some game time off the bench as well.

Worrying stat posted by Tim II

With Henry and Edwards injured and Afobe gone, of Wolves' available players their top scorers are McDonald and Le Fondre. On three goals.

You'd think we'd be looking at recalling Wallace, maybe. Could try him out on the right wing, he's doing very well there for Millwall.

But of course we'll probably end up with Rowe left and... Price out right? Who knows.

You'd think we'd be looking at recalling Wallace, maybe. Could try him out on the right wing, he's doing very well there for Millwall.

But of course we'll probably end up with Rowe left and... Price out right? Who knows.

Can't imagine we'll recall Wallace.

I reckon bright, and then when he only scores one in his first five games, most of which is spent the wrong side of the halfway line, he'll be dropped until next season.

I reckon bright, and then when he only scores one in his first five games, most of which is spent the wrong side of the halfway line, he'll be dropped until next season.

Or he'll score three in three, Henry will come back and he'll drop him.

Or dangerous will unexpectedly get fit and he'll go straight into the team too, with Mason getting dropped out of the squad

Going back to Jez Moxey I cannot help but think that he has made little or no difference in the success on the pitch over the last few years. You cannot completely discount his skills and abilities but for me (especially now) there is no direct fit and he is surplus to requirements. We are a high tech club, they have every facility available and can every stat imaginable examined but there is no heart or soul in the club. These people are not very good at what they are paid to do. If you have the wrong people pressing the buttons all of that is redundant.

Back