• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Agreed. We all knew the game was up that day for him though. What happened after killed us though.

Hindsight is twenty-twenty I guess.

If only we had signed Dann, Lallana and McCarthy. For a more dollars more eh ...

They wouldnt be the players they are today imo if we did unfortunately

McCarthy was nothing to do with money tbf.

We were tenuously linked with Lallana when we bought Surman. I'm not sure we were actually in for him. We obviously picked the wrong one!

We were after him in our second Prem season from memory or at least it was rumoured. I don't think it was ever likely to happen much in the same way Andy Carroll and Adam Johnson weren't

We were tenuously linked with Lallana when we bought Surman. I'm not sure we were actually in for him. We obviously picked the wrong one!

And what a player Surman has turned out to be for Bournemouth.

I dunno, Howe obviously rates him but I still don't see what he actually does.

That's what I thought. There were rumours about us being after a Southampton player that we had scouted for a long time and Surman & Lallana were the two obvious candidates. We signed Surman and that was that.

That's what I thought. There were rumours about us being after a Southampton player that we had scouted for a long time and Surman & Lallana were the two obvious candidates. We signed Surman and that was that.
The Lallana rumour was definitely a year or two after Surman. As for Surman he's gone on and had a decent career post Wolves and is currently a starter in the Prem. Seems to have great stats in terms of ground covered, if that floats your boat

It wasn't about pushing the boat out, it was what we spent it on. We were something like the 6th highest net spenders in the PL across those 3 years, it was the £2m here, £2m there and the associated wages that were the problem

It wasn't about pushing the boat out, it was what we spent it on. We were something like the 6th highest net spenders in the PL across those 3 years, it was the £2m here, £2m there and bathe associated wages that were the problem

Yes, I agree. I stand corrected.

If Moxey is on the reported £500,000 a year, does that make him the highest paid employee at Wolves? And if so, surely it is unusual for an administrator to be the highest earner at a football club?

If Moxey is on the reported £500,000 a year, does that make him the highest paid employee at Wolves? And if so, surely it is unusual for an administrator to be the highest earner at a football club?
Why would that be unusual?

No McDonald is on more with his new contract as is Dicko with his I think. Reported as being around the 11/12k pw mark. Your point is still accurate though he is obscenely overpaid for the club that we are and in a time of cutbacks is an obvious saving to make. My business turns over just shy of £100m and our Chief Exec earns less than half of that. More pertinently so do those in similar roles in the Championship

Back