• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Absolutely - they have a plan, and it works brilliantly for them at the moment. It's something that everyone can identify them by, it's clear that they all know their roles within the team and their units.

If I thought there was a plan - even if I didn't think it was the right one - I could accept that. But there isn't, the players don't know what they are meant to be doing in possession, out of possession and especially in transition!

Absolutely - they have a plan, and it works brilliantly for them at the moment. It's something that everyone can identify them by, it's clear that they all know their roles within the team and their units.

If I thought there was a plan - even if I didn't think it was the right one - I could accept that. But there isn't, the players don't know what they are meant to be doing in possession, out of possession and especially in transition!

Thats key, at Wolves the players never appear to have defined roles. If Afobe ( as part of a unit ) had been drilled during practice to close down space and showed the application to do so then there would be reason to call him out if not doing the same on match days. Yet there never seemed any coached pattern to Wolves game without the ball.

We dont have the players to sit deep and counter..not enough quality in the swift passes and off the ball we are not good enough to get the player options. We just hoof it to the other team and continues to park the bus and hope we get lucky

We dont have the players to sit deep and counter..not enough quality in the swift passes and off the ball we are not good enough to get the player options. We just hoof it to the other team and continues to park the bus and hope we get lucky

We do though. We're overrun with defensive midfielders, all of whom are at least competent at this level and have pace in attack when the right players are picked.

We do though. We're overrun with defensive midfielders, all of whom are at least competent at this level and have pace in attack when the right players are picked.

Is this why Jack Price is substituted on to the pitch in the ten position to close down the space of the opponents.

We have some quick players but they are either injured, loaned out or out of favour..so, we have to press higher to get some attacking momentum going

I want to see that too. I love it when we move the ball quickly, get the wingers involved etc etc. But with the current personnel if we press high we are leaving the freedom of the pitch in front of our back four and it could get ugly against decent sides.

It cant get any worse, im sure we will get more points if we just dared to have a go

BTW, does anyone know how far ahead Sky have announced their games? I'm looking at the Hull & Leeds games in April but they both seem like potential Sky fixtures.

19th March by the looks of it which is Derby vs Forest.

They leave it as late as possible the longer into the season, so I'd expect about 6 weeks beforehand. I know we are normally on against Leeds, but surely this time they can't show the battle for 12th can they?

As Leeds are in dispute with the football league over regular sky appearances, I think Sky will stay away from that one. No guarantees, but that is what I would imagine.

As Leeds are in dispute with the football league over regular sky appearances, I think Sky will stay away from that one. No guarantees, but that is what I would imagine.

Sky are just as likely to select it just to annoy Leeds United.

Sky would. Leeds cannot deny them access, they tried it once and had to back down. The football deal is between sky and the the football league, not sky and Leeds United.

Back