• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We're not going to agree on this. I can't believe you feel that in the current climate the best course of action is to encourage more division and more distance between the club and the fans, seemingly out of spite, but never mind.

It isn't out of spite at all. It is out of frustration at the pointlessness of trying the other way and getting shit from most quarters.

tumblr_mlq4hf8U5e1somw7ho5_1280.png

The two have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other. At all. My comment about pulling up the drawbridge is what is the fucking point in communicating when EVERYTHING you say is called a lie? Why fucking bother?

I still don't see how Afobe going is in any way the same as fans not going to matches. Another two things that have nothing to do with each other.

I forgot writing in capitals adds more credence to your point. Silly me. Nevertheless, I'm well aware of they have nothing to do with each other thanks. I am however highlighting the IRONY of you saying my point is illogical when you're arguing the point you are.

Feel free to reply to my comments about Afobe's charity work and the fact that work is at odds with a financial mercernary.

His charity is irrelevant. Laudable, but irrelevant. I am sure he has gone to Bournemouth to play for free, of course.

Charity is big business. And the heads of which are usually pretty wealthy.

Charity is big business. And the heads of which are usually pretty wealthy.

I agree. without venturing too off topic I remember reading in The Indi a table of charities, their CEO's salary and what percentage of the charities turnover that was. There were some very high percentages indeed but take Cancer Research for instance, although charitable it's still a multi million pound business requiring skilled leadership and to be paid a proportionate amount. Although it's still big money I still think it's a long way behind private sector heads.

I forget her name but there's one woman in the USA head of a cancer charity Susan G Komen who is the embodiment of what you say though.

I'm not sure why the club are getting such a bad press over Afobe. Fans asked why he was sold, well now they know.
Beniks tweet is interesting, it doesn't really deny anything the club has said except the not trying, which is subjective but it certainly looked that way to me.
A much more pertinent stick to beat the club with is why his replacement couldn't be lined up before the sale. It was clear that clubs would inflate their prices knowing we'd just received £10 million.

There was plenty of chat on the terraces about Benik not looking interested and not getting into goal scoring positions but most people at the time were putting it down to the Managers tactics.

He wasn't as effective as last season without Sako and Dicko but to label him as not trying is another matter. Benik has a languid style which gives rise to such accusations, if you watch him for Bournemouth he struggles with the demands placed upon a lone striker having never been a player that runs the channels. I think he was trying, just not suited to the change of role he was required to play at Wolves this season.

He wasn't as effective as last season without Sako and Dicko but to label him as not trying is another matter. Benik has a languid style which gives rise to such accusations, if you watch him for Bournemouth he struggles with the demands placed upon a lone striker having never been a player that runs the channels. I think he was trying, just not suited to the change of role he was required to play at Wolves this season.

I think you're just confirming what I said.

When we dropped him vs Rotherham/Forest Ken made reference to us not winning the ball enough in the final third. So he was probably asking Afobe to push right on to the centre halves when they had the ball, that's not really his game. Some strikers are good at that, he isn't. Maybe the manager and coaching staff perceived that as a lack of effort.

Personally I wouldn't play such shit football which means you're always losing the ball in that area in the first place or working off scraps, plus I don't want my striker's primary job to be chasing around when we don't have the ball, same as the number 10 role is not about who is best at running after the opposition's defensive midfielder/s like a fat kid tearing after a departing ice cream van.

When we dropped him vs Rotherham/Forest Ken made reference to us not winning the ball enough in the final third. So he was probably asking Afobe to push right on to the centre halves when they had the ball, that's not really his game.

What I find strange about that is that in Jackett's time as manager we have never really been a team who press high up the pitch. Even when we tried to keep a lot of possession, when we lost it we would let the opposition make mistakes and be quite organised, and have a deeper backline.

Regards pressing the ball high up the field the better sides do it as a collective unit not as individuals. Its something which Wolves have hardly tried under Kenny Jackett so to single out Afobe would be unfair.

No team with a midfield which contains Kevin McDonald is ever going to be able to play a high pressing game effectively. He's a talented guy but you'd struggle to find a central midfielder less suited to that sort of game plan. Once one player fails to press the whole thing falls apart at the seams.

I have wanted wolves to press higher up the pitch for years, thats the way in modern football..dont give them time on the ball, when you get the ball high up you have greater chance of scoring too.. It has to be the whole team as a unit pressing though otherwise they will just run through the team

I have wanted wolves to press higher up the pitch for years, thats the way in modern football..dont give them time on the ball, when you get the ball high up you have greater chance of scoring too.. It has to be the whole team as a unit pressing though otherwise they will just run through the team

It doesn't have to be that way, Leicester have got themselves to the top of the league doing the complete opposite. Sit back with good shape and pressing as a unit where needs be to keep the ball in areas they can deal with it, then they flood forward in numbers to exploit the space in behind when they win possession.

Atletico Madrid sit deep as well and relative to financial power they've probably been the most impressive team in Europe for the past three seasons.

Back