• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Jez is incredibly over-paid. A business with our turnover doesn't need to be spending that much money on its CEO. And for all the circle jerking of the Jarvis/Fletcher fees - it wasn't Jez that enabled us to get those fees, it was Mick McCarthy for making those lads look a lot better than they do right now.

Jez is incredibly over-paid. A business with our turnover doesn't need to be spending that much money on its CEO. And for all the circle jerking of the Jarvis/Fletcher fees - it wasn't Jez that enabled us to get those fees, it was Mick McCarthy for making those lads look a lot better than they do right now.

LOL!

You dispute that they have depreciated as footballers since they left?

I dispute that McCarthy made them look better than they were.

One has gone on to be mostly injured and the other has unsurprisingly been shown up for what he was in the company of more rounded players.

I dispute that McCarthy made them look better than they were.

One has gone on to be mostly injured and the other has unsurprisingly been shown up for what he was in the company of more rounded players.

I didn't say he made them look better than they were. I said he made them look better than they do right now. Their fees were fair given the performances they'd turned in under him.

I didn't say he made them look better than they were. I said he made them look better than they do right now. Their fees were fair given the performances they'd turned in under him.

I don't think their performances had anything to do with Mick or the way he used them, they just performed to their abilities under him.

Jarvis was probably made to look good by having a very limited brief in Mick's fairly rigid way of playing. Stay out on the touchline, try to beat your man and stick it in the box whenever you're one on one, you ask him to do anything more than that and he's largely failed, I suppose you could try and argue that's Mick making the most of what he's got but I think it's more just a happy coincidence between a very limited player and a very limited manager.

Fletcher started his Sunderland career playing just as well as his Wolves one, he looked worth every penny until he was missing more games than he was playing, hardly McCarthy magic in that one.

I think what really got the value was that both players were on long term deals, that enabled the club to negotiate their sales from a position of relative strength despite the fact that both players were obviously going to leave following relegation, so for me the credit would lie with whoever prompted those lengthy contracts.

I'll give him a bit of credit. But then if he had anything approaching a plan after taking the (correct) decision to sack Mick, he wouldn't have had to sell them. He only mopped up a few drops of the glass of milk he spilt.

The likelihood is that no-one was saving that squad from relegation. Look at the run Wigan went on, we'd have had to get close to matching that, not happening. Even QPR won five of their final 10 games which is as many as we managed all season. As soon as we went down, those two were off, no matter who was manager. Whether we went down by 12 points or 1 point.

It's slightly weird thinking anyway isn't it? I mean those longer term contracts didn't quite work out so well in all cases. it meant we couldn't get rid of a number of players on high wages.

and what really is the driver of value - good form that attracts someone to spend big or the fact they're on a long term contract? the contract protects value, it doesn't create it

Conor Coady is our midfield maestro apparently.

0 goals and 1 assist all season.

What a player.

What's the club obsession with Connor Coady at the moment? He's been put in a call centre for fans to ask questions.

We have done various commercial/marketing things recently and this one is for Coady (A scouse accent is obviously what they want when selling insurance). Zyro and Mason were out doing stuff last week. Then a load of players did something with Signal Radio collecting stuff for the homeless

Yeah, I get that, but there seem to be an every day mention of him of late.

One year taken on Jon Flatt, Aaron Simpson, Aaron Hayden, Connor Hunte and Donovan Wilson.

And Ashley Carter, Tendai Matinyadze, Declan Weeks, Callum Harris, Jim Kellermann and Eusebio Bancessi will be released.

Surprised we are bothering with keeping Hayden and I thought Weeks might get a year. As expected either way on the others.

Back