• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Trains are way too expensive on the Friday. I'd booked a long weekend off as well.

Trains are way too expensive on the Friday. I'd booked a long weekend off as well.

Thats a bummer - for a 'lower' mid table team we have been covered by Sky far more than I would have expected this year (has to be the 'quality' of the opposition)

Think the last game(s) all have to be played at 12.30 so even if televised won't get moved (and would only be televised if Wednesday had something to go for as we are unlikely to)

Can anyone confirm that as tend to come up for the weekend & would be useful to book accomodation in advance whilst there are still reasonable deals available

So is that 14 or 15 times we'll be on Sky this season then?

There needs to be a cap on the number of times a team can be chosen for Sky and they should give more notice than this as well. I'd make them choose the full list of televised games as soon as the fixtures are released and if they end up with shit games with nothing riding on them then tough.

Hull & Leeds away within 5 days. I'm guessing neither of these games will be £20 a ticket? Going to be a stretch for regular away followers.

Just had a look. Prices being charged to away fans at Hull & Leeds in March.

Hull
MK Dons - £24
Forest - £27

Leeds
Bolton - £37
Huddersfield - £35

Hull (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Derby (A)
Birmingham (A)
Nottm Forest (H)
Leeds (H)
Reading (H)
Brighton (A)
QPR (A)
Derby (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Birmingham (H)
Hull (A)

“TV League” so far:

#wwfc 14
#lufc 13
#boro 13
#dcfc 12
#clarets 11
#nffc 11
#QPR 11
#BHAFC 10
#hcafc 10

That is taking into account three we haven't played yet. Boro have another 3 due. Pretty sure Derby do as well.

Look at that list though. It is all the bigger clubs in terms of likely TV audience. No sharing regime with a minimum number for all teams like in the top flight.

You can guarantee that Villa will be top of that list next season, unless Newcastle and Sunderland join them.

A red card waiting to happen is never a good idea for a captain.

I know he's not in the 1st team currently, but the one captain material player I can see is Jack Price.

Back