• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We can't really count Doherty and Hause as Academy products. Doherty was nearly 19 when we bought him and Hause had played half a season for Wycombe.

If we're not interested though then surely price doesn't matter, just a comment he shouldn't be making. I agree with the decision to not bid for him, he's not worth it.

Jez has probably slipped up a bit speaking off the cuff to a question, and people have jumped on it. He probably meant, for a couple of quid and a bag of quavers we would have been interested but when we were quoted an amount hugely beyond what we were prepared to pay it meant we weren't!

We can't really count Doherty and Hause as Academy products. Doherty was nearly 19 when we bought him and Hause had played half a season for Wycombe.

We count anyone that arrived at the club and went in the Development squad

Q: I want to know what we're doing as a club to stand up for the fans who are disrupted by changes in fixtures from Sky TV games? Haven't seen anything from us.

JM: I'm a member of the FL board. Last week I raised the issue of so many fixtures being moved for TV. We've agreed to meet and discuss this and one or two other issues. The Football League and Leeds are currently having a dispute so the Football League cannot speak on it, which means I can't. What I can say is that it is of huge concern to me. When football gets disrupted so much, more and more people can't go. We are arguing this point from the inside and not the outside.

How aware and concerned are the club about the serious expected decline in season ticket holders for next season and the serious disconnect felt between fans and the people running ww ?

JM: We are fully aware of it. It surprises me when people think we don't see it. The reason we have this forum is that we can discuss these topics. We do see it and we are concerned about it. We need your support, we need people here, we need the revenue streams that come in. We're about to announce a number of initiatives that should hopefully help this matter.

I look forward to seeing what these are

Jez - Says it is up to every single fan to ask themselves: Is it worth me giving £10 back to SJH for all he did for our football club and all the fantascit memories he has created?

Fuck. Right. Off.

Jez - Feel if people don't want to donate to honour SJH's memory that is up to supporters.

Fuck. Right. Off.

Jez - Says it is up to every single fan to ask themselves: Is it worth me giving £10 back to SJH for all he did for our football club and all the fantascit memories he has created?

Fuck. Right. Off.

Yeah, it was great. Oh wait, for all bar one season we were stuck in this poxy league. I really wish they wouldn't sepia tint the Sir Jack years, it was largely a load of fucking bollocks.

Neither do I. He's saying that if the fans want to contribute so they can feel they've helped build something, then carry on, if not, there'll still be a statue built.
Maybe he is. But he's worded it like an absolute cunt.

Has he? I must have missed that and read it as E&S shit-stirring deliberate misinterpretation.

Yeah, it was great. Oh wait, for all bar one season we were stuck in this poxy league. I really wish they wouldn't sepia tint the Sir Jack years, it was largely a load of $#@!ing bollocks.

He didn't bullshit us and he spent a lot of his personal wealth on us. He always did his best and at least he could finish his building project. Even when he sold the club, it was us he was thinking of. If he hadn't written of millions owed to him by the club and sold us for a tenner, with the promise that the new owner would spend 30 million on the club, we would never have got promoted to the PL.

Has he? I must have missed that and read it as E&S shit-stirring deliberate misinterpretation.
If this is what he said;

Then yes he has.

For some reason the E&S/Tim II definitely had what is nowadays called an agenda on the statue.

With his words just then he has. I have no problem with the idea but saying if fans don't feel like contributing to honour SJH's memory then they don't have to fells a bit like he's trying to guilt trip fans into putting their £10 in.

If this is what he said;

Then yes he has.

I'll give you that. Not a fan of that line myself. Saying that, the whole thing would be a nothing if it weren't for the shite written by Tim II this morning.

Back