• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

$#@!in hating on Norwich is Jezzer

Good. While Benik clearly was trying up to a point, he also didn't appear to be putting 100% in. He was even dropped at one point and just about everyone around me in the ground remarked on his poor body language at one time or another.

Certainly a backs to the wall performance from Jez and Kev tonight.

On Mr Washington - Not really that interested in him but did enquire - Never go to spend £3m on him....Leon Clarke scores more in L1 than him. Boooooom Kev, boom

KT: Jed Wallace is a top class 21-year-old player. He didn't quite make the jump from League 2 to the Championship at the first attempt so we've taken him back to build him up again. We've seen him play for Millwall and he's been one of the best players on the pitch. If he'd moved from Pompey to Millwall, we'd be struggling to buy him now.

That is as near as you will get to an admission that the Stearman sale was a fuck up.

Would Kevin & Jez agree that the sale of Stearman was a mistake? The signing of Mike Williamson would suggest so?
Danny

I Like the answer

Sold Stearman for footballing reasons. Had England U21 player in Kortney Hause and player having through Academy in Ethan Ebanks-Landell who was showing great potential. Kenny felt the two could grow into our first team. Could get good price for Stearman for a player of his age. And those two young players would have chance to emerge. Do I regret giving those lads a chance? No I don't Has it worked out? Maybe not quite. Kortney got injured, Ethan has done very well in some games but maybe had difficulties in others but he will improve with experience. Mike Williamson did great job on loan. When it came to January Kenny was keen to bring him in to help the younger players as well as his own performances. He is on an 18 month contract and will help grow the younger players as well.

Agreed. Judging by comments elsewhere, this still won't be seen as anything other than "lies, spin and BS" though.

Love this comment by KT

Scored a lot of goals in League One but Leon Clarke and Sam Winnall had scored more. That is perspective.

If Leon is that shit then why the fook did you sign him then?

KT: Jed Wallace is a top class 21-year-old player. He didn't quite make the jump from League 2 to the Championship at the first attempt so we've taken him back to build him up again. We've seen him play for Millwall and he's been one of the best players on the pitch. If he'd moved from Pompey to Millwall, we'd be struggling to buy him now.

Begs the question why we aren't playing him now when there's next to nothing at stake. Find out over the next 16 games if he's ready for next season. We aren't learning anything from him playing for Millwall.

And we've bought another number 10 now so when is he going to play.

Agreed. Judging by comments elsewhere, this still won't be seen as anything other than "lies, spin and BS" though.

For once, the questions being asked are good ones and relevant. I think Jez and KT are answering them quite well. Some might disagree with them, but it is far from spin & BS for me. A good performance from all involved so far for me

Thanks for sharing all the Q&A, by the way!

Some interesting reading.

Love this comment by KT

If Leon is that shit then why the fook did you sign him then?

Not saying he is shit though is he, just he has scored more than CW at League 1. Also mentions Sam Winnall as a player that has scored more than him. Just saying why they wouldn't entertain spending a load on him

Well if it's an answer they don't like, it's clearly a lie. Thems the rules.

I think there's been a few admissions in this so far - it's not like we were going to get any good news regarding the playing squad/recruitment!!

For once, the questions being asked are good ones and relevant. I think Jez and KT are answering them quite well. Some might disagree with them, but it is far from spin & BS for me. A good performance from all involved so far for me

I know. But read the reaction over the road and it is a spinfest according to posters on there. Quite how those people are coming to that conclusion I have no fucking clue, but they are.

Begs the question why we aren't playing him now when there's next to nothing at stake. Find out over the next 16 games if he's ready for next season. We aren't learning anything from him playing for Millwall.

And we've bought another number 10 now so when is he going to play.

Thats more a Question for KJ though. All KT can say is what he is saying

I notice that KT throws a "one of your own" comment in. They really do not help themselves.

EEL could be one of the best centre backs in the league. Wow.

Sack him immediately for that comment.

Back