• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Well if it's an answer they don't like, it's clearly a lie. Thems the rules.

I think there's been a few admissions in this so far - it's not like we were going to get any good news regarding the playing squad/recruitment!!

But that is exactly what they are doing. Basically saying what a good squad we will have. EEL is young and learning, but is he one of the best centre backs in the league?

I know. But read the reaction over the road and it is a spinfest according to posters on there. Quite how those people are coming to that conclusion I have no fucking clue, but they are.

There's some good answers but then there's some fucking strange ones. Jez called Peterborough to ask about Washington but we were never interested? Why phone then?

Having the "Wolves Wall" on one tab refreshing with the minutes, and the Molineux Monguls on the other, doesn't half make for good reading :D :D

But on a serious note, nobody can defend the following statement.

Jez says next season Nouha will be back. And Zyro before that. And now we also have Bjorn Sigurdarson back. A big money signing who is back fit and doing well. Let's not forget who we have back in the building. Maybe after a full season of football Ebanks-Landell can become one of the best centre backs in the league.

But that is exactly what they are doing. Basically saying what a good squad we will have. EEL is young and learning, but is he one of the best centre backs in the league?

They said he could develope into one of the best centre backs in the league. Big difference to saying he's that already

JM: Buying and selling players is part and parcel of what we do. We will not be able to lose £10mil every year. But we're hoping that a new owner can come in and help us achieve our aspirations

Is that a bit of a pending hint?

Or perhaps I am clutching.

Agreed Walsall. That really is a silly thing to say.

The Siggy part ticks the "whole new signing" box guaranteed to get people frothing at the mouth. And then the EEL comment is bizarre. It does the kid no favours to try and pretend he is going to turn into the Black Country Beckenbaeuer.

He won't become that, it's a bit of a silly thing to say. If they genuinely do think that about EEL then I question their judgement.

I know. But read the reaction over the road and it is a spinfest according to posters on there. Quite how those people are coming to that conclusion I have no $#@!ing clue, but they are.

Sadly a number of posters on there are now so hostile towards the current administration that literally no answer was going to be acceptable. Anything the club say will be twisted or just ignored if it can't be. The q&a tonight seems refreshingly open and whilst I don't understand the Connor Washington answer (why ring if he's worse the Leon Clarke!!?) they are at least trying to defend themselves.

I expect with Conor Aguero they were hoping the price would be £1m or so. However Jez has dealt with Posh before so should have known it would be daft money.

The level of questioning actually isn't that much different to a standard meeting, although the bollocks like Scott Golbourne looking tatty has at least been ironed out. There have been some pretty feisty meetings in my time on the Parliament. However, there is a large group of the fan base that will never believe that.

I expect with Conor Aguero they were hoping the price would be £1m or so. However Jez has dealt with Posh before so should have known it would be daft money.

If we're not interested though then surely price doesn't matter, just a comment he shouldn't be making. I agree with the decision to not bid for him, he's not worth it.

JM: Everyone thinks it's all about money. Man Utd £250mil and they're worse than they were last year. It is more than just money. We are working in a way in that we've had to work over the last eight years. It's not easy. We are working under different rules than so many other football clubs but nobody seems to recognise that. I believe in much more than Saturday's result. I believe in making sure in having things that makes Wolves unique. I think we already some of that. The clubs that are successful are the ones that have continuity and stick to their principles. Our back five players are all from our Academy - do you know how proud that makes me? We've been working at it for years and years. Why do all of our staff get headhunted? Because our club knows what it's doing - it develops players, it develops people. It's not just about money.

Jeff Bagnall. Is there a way we could get the actual attendances at games rather than official one which is announced? Jez says we have to report to the authorities and the taxman the number of tickets sold. That is the policy. Jeff says that doesn't give a reflection on dwindling numbers. Jez says we know what the numbers are. So can see it.

That is a bit of a ramble with no obvious conclusion. And if the back five from the academy is so ace, why have we signed a clear replacement for one of them?

Back