• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

That is ancient. I think from the Morgan parliament night.

I certainly haven't gone tonight. I said I wouldn't go again until they reviewed the ridiculous policy of absolute radio silence until official minutes are published, and I stand by that. It's a football club, not the fucking Kremlin.

Q -Afobe was in tears over leaving Wolves

Mox - Come on. Does anybody believe that?

Ooooooh!

Kevin Thelwell: Danny Batth tries his hardest every game. You could list our entire first team squad and see that they were trying. Benik was no longer trying to play for us and that was undermining everything we were trying to achieve.

JM: We said publicly that Benik would not be sold at all this season. It was a statement of intent and the owner backed us completely. I wasn't speaking to the Wolves fans, I was speaking to Benik's family, Norwich and any other PL club who were trying to undermine our relationship with Benik. We wanted to underline his place in the Wolves team. The reality is that he didn't want to play for Wolves. We wanted him to maintain his commitment to us so he could help us reach our goals. He wanted to leave, his advisors, his agents, his family and Norwich did everything they could to get Benik out of the club. He's now x4 his wage.

Kevin Thelwell: Danny Batth tries his hardest every game. You could list our entire first team squad and see that they were trying. Benik was no longer trying to play for us and that was undermining everything we were trying to achieve.

This, however. This is fucking bullshit. Benik Afobe worked his arse off for Wolves. I'm not having that at all.

Kevin Thelwell: Danny Batth tries his hardest every game. You could list our entire first team squad and see that they were trying. Benik was no longer trying to play for us and that was undermining everything we were trying to achieve

So if they knew he didn't want to be here and wasn't actively trying then why was he playing? You don't play someone you know isn't trying. Beat me to it Lycan but i agree, he was definitely trying up to a point until it became too much and then wanted to leave.

Liking the early questions

Michael Clarke with follow-up on Afobe. If we knew from early doors that he wanted to go, we didn't bring in a recognised fit striker. "It is like Sako all over again." To get to Cardiff game with no senior fit striker, given we had sold Afobe so early, have to question what is going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment.

Liking the early questions

Michael Clarke with follow-up on Afobe. If we knew from early doors that he wanted to go, we didn't bring in a recognised fit striker. "It is like Sako all over again." To get to Cardiff game with no senior fit striker, given we had sold Afobe so early, have to question what is going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment.

Answer:
Kevin answering the question. Sayign we couldn't recruit a striker until selling Benik. And then once the sale happens, there is a change in pricing with clubs and agents. It is a very complex situation. Had been pre-planning for Benik moving on for a long time. Problem is when you can't buy until after sold that create a lot of problems. Club had agreed fee for Kike in advance. Player then asked for ridiculous amount of money to come. We cannot do that deal as it became a ridiculous deal to try and do. With another target had a deal with player signed off and then club put fee up. Another circumstance where agreed terms with player but he then decided to stay at his club.

Some actual meaning behind the questions tonight. Makes a change.

Clearly all the 1st team currently scrub up at well and the pies are ok

I'm not sure if it's just coming across wrong on the blog but they seem very hostile.

Agreed that the questions have been excellent so far. Next question about recruitment and Thelwell explains the process.

"Kenny and I talk about the recruitment of players every day. We talk about what we've got, we talk about what we need. I then get the recruitment team to look for players that we think fit into the teams needs. After identifying players we then send teams out to look at the player as much as we possibly can."

Says that the club would never sign anyone that KJ didn't want, that makes the Wallace and Byrne signings very strange.

JM: We couldn't afford to do what we did with Henri Camara. We had already done it in the summer. From the moment Norwich broke a promise and put a public bid in for Benik, the situation became intolerable. We knew bids would come in as soon as January came. He had agreed almost everything with Bournemouth before the window had even openened. The reality is that we wanted to do our own business in the transfer window. We would have liked to hold out for better price but we weren't allowed to go out and invest in new players until we had sold Benik. At no point were we going to sell to Norwich. Everyone knew he was available.

Moxey said everyone knew that Afobe was available. Did Wolves circulate this to other clubs?

and a fook you Tim II

Jez addressing the Benik rumour about contract clause. Says he doesnt' fall out with the Express & Star very often but did over this story. Says the paper were told there was no buyout clause at all. Categorically. Was one line about club denying it. But people taken in by story. There was no buyout clause at all

Back