• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Aye, can't resist a trip to Smog City...

Not sure where to put this but seems as good a place as any.

Bumped into Jed Wallace at the village hotel with the Milwall squad.
Wasn't particularly complimentary about Jackett and and the signing of Mason. I'd imagine he will be trying to get a permanent move next year the way he was talking.
And he just told a stranger he was unhappy at Wolves and with Jackett? Not buying that.

And he just told a stranger he was unhappy at Wolves and with Jackett? Not buying that.

He didn't say it out right. Didn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines. He said he hasn't had a chance and the signing of mason was a kick in the teeth for him. Doesn't want to be somewhere he isn't playing and just picking up money.

New long term deals for Graham and Hause.

New long term deals for Graham and Hause.

That's great news and with Jordan being out til probably this time next year It shows the club has a lot of faith in him.

I was worried we might take our extra year option wait til he was fit then be in a situation he wouldn't sign a contract then be sold for little money.

Exceptional news on Hause & Graham. When he tore his hamstring he was the best defender on the pitch for us, and he had got better each game imo.

Personally I'm not an advocate of putting him in at LB, as I think he's so much better at CH.
Graham signing a 4.5 year deal is a drastic change to him being almost out of favour owing to attitude issues at the start of the season. Thelwell clearly thinks highly of them both.

Picture put up for Frank.

69b4141de06d8ddb3277fca43131dca9.jpg

He wants to know what the sport ground is at the side of the hotel.

The Molineux Hotel had a pretty well known bowling green back in the day.
Stories by the old uns mentioned it was shaped like an inverted saucer.

I think there is a pic on this page:
http://www.historywebsite.co.uk/articles/Molineux/part5.htm

Looking at the images, I think they relate to the area Frank was wondering about? In the pic from Butlers magazine it looks like people ARE playing bowls on it at the time.

Friendly v Northampton today. Drew 1-1 with a goal from ALF.

Hause played 45 mins and Martinez the full game.

Exceptional news on Hause & Graham. When he tore his hamstring he was the best defender on the pitch for us, and he had got better each game imo.

Personally I'm not an advocate of putting him in at LB, as I think he's so much better at CH.

I'd like to see him alongside Williamson when fit. If he is going to be as good as people think then he'll learn a lot more from him than he would Batth or on the bench. He also can bring the ball out of defence as opposed to the hoof. Play them together for the rest of the season, you can't pick Batth just because he is the captain, for me if all are fit he's now fourth choice centre half

I'd like to see him alongside Williamson when fit. If he is going to be as good as people think then he'll learn a lot more from him than he would Batth or on the bench. He also can bring the ball out of defence as opposed to the hoof. Play them together for the rest of the season, you can't pick Batth just because he is the captain, for me if all are fit he's now fourth choice centre half

While I do not disagree with you Tony, the very fact that Batth is captain would suggest that he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Ricketts was captain and ditched though so Kenny has done it before, although I agree I don't see it happening.

Back