• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

EEL could be one of the best centre backs in the league. Wow.

To be fair there's been plenty of comments about EEL making fuck ups as well, especially the penalty against Noblot.

With his words just then he has. I have no problem with the idea but saying if fans don't feel like contributing to honour SJH's memory then they don't have to fells a bit like he's trying to guilt trip fans into putting their £10 in.
This for me.

There's no need for him to put the onus on the fans like that. As if we don't contribute enough.

Funny how that happens.

He's one step away from saying every Wolves fan should be honoured to give £10 to Sir Jack's memory and anyone who doesn't should be ashamed.

That's a massive exaggeration.

Donate if you want.

Don't if you don't want to.

That fucking simple really.

You can see why the notes take so long to come out. Contradiction after contradiction.

He didn't bullshit us and he spent a lot of his personal wealth on us. He always did his best and at least he could finish his building project. Even when he sold the club, it was us he was thinking of. If he hadn't written of millions owed to him by the club and sold us for a tenner, with the promise that the new owner would spend 30 million on the club, we would never have got promoted to the PL.

I don't doubt his good intentions. I do not have lots of 'fantastic memories' from 1990-2007.

This for me.

There's no need for him to put the onus on the fans like that. As if we don't contribute enough.

Did you read the whole thing? He does say it's being built no matter what, but hopes the fans do donate so they can feel like they're repaying Sir Jack for what he did. Nothing wrong with that.

Donate if you want.

Exactly. Why doesn't he just say that instead of talking about SJH's fantastic memories, like he's flogging some second-hand gear?

I'm not against the idea personally, as long as the club make up any potential shortfall.

Donate if you want.

Not the way he phrased it, which has been pointed out elsewhere. He's basically implied that every Wolves fan who hasn't donated has looked deep within themselves and decided that, no, Sir Jack isn't worth £10.

I don't doubt his good intentions. I do not have lots of 'fantastic memories' from 1990-2007.

I loved our time under Sir Jack. Like I said, we would never have got to the PL, if he didn't write off the debt and have a promise of a 30 million investment from Morgan.

Did you read the whole thing? He does say it's being built no matter what, but hopes the fans do donate so they can feel like they're repaying Sir Jack for what he did. Nothing wrong with that.
Did you read my previous posts?

If he said what Lycan said then he's a prick. If he said what you said then fine, no problem.

it is up to every single fan to ask themselves: Is it worth me giving £10 back to SJH for all he did for our football club and all the fantascit memories he has created?

Feel if people don't want to donate to honour SJH's memory that is up to supporters.

What other way is there to interpret those two quotes?

What other way is there to interpret those two quotes?

He is asking each supporter to make their own decision?

Fuck's sake. This is going in circles.

If you want to wail and gnash your teeth fucking go for it.

He didn't bull$#@! us and he spent a lot of his personal wealth on us. He always did his best and at least he could finish his building project. Even when he sold the club, it was us he was thinking of. If he hadn't written of millions owed to him by the club and sold us for a tenner, with the promise that the new owner would spend 30 million on the club, we would never have got promoted to the PL.

We wouldn't have owed him millions if he had been a more successful owner. SJH is proof that throwing money at something is no guarantee of success in football. For years, the club's existence was purely down to one man. Had he lost the personal/financial battle with his family Wolves could have gone under very quickly.

Take away the fact he was a Wolves fan who wore his heart on his sleeve and the reality is we were completely and utterly dependent on him for years and one season in the greed league was the full extent of his ownership.

Under Morgan, who was also able to invest in the way SJH had (I accept that was due to the terms of the sale) we were promoted within two seasons and spent three years in the greed league. Morgan's record at Wolves massively eclipses SJH, one is beatified the other beaten with any stick available.

The academy, although started under Sir Jack, was massively accelerated under Morgan. If that produces in the next 3 or 4 years it will be because of Morgan not Sir Jack.

I liked Jack but I was a season ticket holder for every single year of his ownership and the vast majority of it was mediocre on the pitch where it mattered most, year after year of dashed hopes.

He is asking each supporter to make their own decision?

Fuck's sake. This is going in circles.

If you want to wail and gnash your teeth fucking go for it.

And at the same time judging those supporters who don't donate. It's fucking shameful.

I feel I've paid Sir Jack his tenner back a hundredfold over the years, I don't need a prick like Jez Moxey telling me that I obviously don't value his memory because I didn't cough up £10 towards a statue.

And at the same time judging those supporters who don't donate. It's fucking shameful.

I feel I've paid Sir Jack his tenner back a hundredfold over the years, I don't need a prick like Jez Moxey telling me that I obviously don't value his memory because I didn't cough up £10 towards a statue.

Agree entirely.

Back