• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I've just seen a DM from Afobe (Not sure why he's DMed a Wolves fan) with him saying Jez is talking Bullshit. He never agreed a deal before the window opened.

I was out last night so have just followed from here this morning.

If Afobe wasn't trying then why play him? When Griffiths wasn't trying and acting a prick then Jake Cassidy was getting a game despite him being pretty useless. Afobe's last games were in a formation where he had to work his socks off and that he wasn't particularly suited to, ALF could have played if he wasn't trying.
I thought if anything at the start of the season he was trying too much, too deep and wanting to be involved in everything. If this pissed people off because he was playing for himself, ignoring instruction etc then fair enough, but I can't have that he wasn't trying.

We can't line up deals outside of the window yet Afobe had agreed everything with Bournemouth prior to the window opening, seems something of a contradiction

The comments re Wallace would be fair enough if he'd had 8-10 games in the Championship in his correct position, as it is he's had 2/3 on the left wing and an hour behind the forward. This is not evidence that he hasn't made the step up and needed to drop down a level.

As for statuegate I treat most of the stuff that comes out of Moxey's mouth as condescending and or patronising shite, so I think that nails my colours on the issue. I have no problem with the option for people to give £10 if they wish to do so, the whole way it was put across last night was yet again poor. Yes the E&S span it, probably because Spiers has fallen out with Moxey over the none Afobe clause, but the words last night were his own and read to me in the style that I described above

Happy for some honesty over Stearman, as close to' it was a fuck up' as you can get

I think we all know who Jez wants to see relegated from the Prem

I don't know if it is a fake account on Twitter, but Afobe denying that any deal was made with Bournemouth prior to the transfer window opening.

Only catching up on all this today - did anyone question Ken on the absolute shite he is serving up at the moment and ask why he is setting us up so negatively against the likes of Bolton & Reading? Also, why he refuses to start Byrne and if he will be recalling Wallace as he is playing so well for Milwall?

We only need to look down the road in Birmingham to see there handling over Berahino, to pin exactly where the club have gone wrong. Just like Jarvis and Fletcher before, the club patently do not actively look to sell, but once the situation becomes forced we lack any leadership, gut and balls to face up to it all and unite as one. Just like 2012/2013 before, the knock on effects of it all of present are clear as daylight and Jez and Morgan have failed us once again in that area.

Only catching up on all this today - did anyone question Ken on the absolute shite he is serving up at the moment and ask why he is setting us up so negatively against the likes of Bolton & Reading? Also, why he refuses to start Byrne and if he will be recalling Wallace as he is playing so well for Milwall?

Kenny wasn't there, but both questions were answered by KT and both answers were bollocks.

Apparently, the reason we set up the way we did against Reading was because we didn't have enough of the ball against Bolton, so we set up the way we did to gain more ball retention.

Byrne, although he's been great when he's come on, has been very unfortunate as he 's found Henry and Graham ahead of him and in great form. Well, yeah that's fine, but Graham has only recently come into the team and other than a month or so at the start of the season(crossing excluded) Henry's form has been average at best.

Wallace is still very young and unfortunately hasn't made the step up yet. We thought it was right to send him out on loan to Millwall, where he's had a few MOTM performance. If we hadn't bought him when we did then he would have gone to Millwall and we wouldn't have been able to afford him now.

Both Byrne and Wallace have great futures at Wolves.

My favourite was the answer to the comment regarding how we'll be next season as we have lost some of our best players, e.g. Sako, Afobe, Stearman.

Dicko coming back and Zyro before that and then the gems about EEL and Sigurdarson. 'We also have BS back.

BS - A big money signing who is back fit and doing well. Let's not forget who we have back in the building.

EEL - Maybe after a full season of football EEL can become one of the best centre backs in the league.

BS - A big money signing who is back fit and doing well. Let's not forget who we have back in the building.

EEL - Maybe after a full season of football EEL can become one of the best centre backs in the league.

I took that to mean we can expect a new deal on the table for Siggy. Which doesn't exactly enthrall me at this moment in time.

EEL will never be one of the best centre backs in the league, but I do think he's got what it takes to be a competent Championship level CB. But 'competent Championship level' isn't the level they're trying to push towards, surely?

We only need to look down the road in Birmingham to see there handling over Berahino, to pin exactly where the club have gone wrong. Just like Jarvis and Fletcher before, the club patently do not actively look to sell, but once the situation becomes forced we lack any leadership, gut and balls to face up to it all and unite as one. Just like 2012/2013 before, the knock on effects of it all of present are clear as daylight and Jez and Morgan have failed us once again in that area.

You think Albion would be so stubborn on their Berahino stance if they were relegated?

To be fair, he didn't state what League

Personally, I think they have it wrong with him anyway.

If he was playing every week and dragging up the table single handedly then you could accept their reluctance but as it is Pulis barely uses him and they're being offered a lot of money for him, why not cash in?

You think Albion would be so stubborn on their Berahino stance if they were relegated?

Yes, I do. I think it is completely irrelevant. Peace is an entitely different animal to Moxey and the price he would demand in the PL would not budge an inch, as Afobe's reportedly did August-Jan. Just my view of course.

If he was playing every week and dragging up the table single handedly then you could accept their reluctance but as it is Pulis barely uses him and they're being offered a lot of money for him, why not cash in?

Because they are not getting the offers they value him at?

I dont believe we sold Afobe at a price which reflected his value to us. I dont doubt our hand was forced by him, his agent, and Bournemouth - but like Fletcher and Jarvis before we caved in.

Yes, I do. I think it is completely irrelevant. Peace is an entitely different animal to Moxey and the price he would demand in the PL would not budge an inch, as Afobe's reportedly did August-Jan. Just my view of course.

I think you'd be in for a shock.

If they got relegated and lost majority of their income as a result then they're in no position to be turning down £20m+ for a player who doesn't want to be there, it's only because of the massive TV money that they can afford to say no at the moment. If there was an increased urgency to balance the books then they certainly wouldn't be on such a moral high horse pushing Berahino to the fringes and knocking back stupid money for him, no chance.

We got somewhere in the region of £22m for Fletcher and Jarvis, it's not selling them that was the issue (both wanted to leave and you couldn't blame them either, it wasn't their fault we got relegated).

Peace = Morgan
Jenkins - Moxey

I think your statement above is wrong, but if you change Moxey for Morgan, I agree.

Back