• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham A 26/12

Disappointed with MGW today. As good as he is, today showed we need to sign another player for IF, no 10.

Maybe 1-1 was fair if you look at goalchances..Moutinho my motm for us, dont know exactly how many times he won the ball back for us especially in the second half. Boly, Cody, Jimenez, Saiss and Doc all good too. Good from Cav when he came on.

Thought Moutinho was a bit anonymous in the first half when we struggled to get the ball in CM. Second half he was great.

I thought when we had our spell of control in the 2nd half Saiss was actually limiting our creative tendencies, but fair play he really showed a positive contribution.

Cav made all the difference having someone who could hold on to the ball and pick a pass. He's my MOTM over Saiss personally.

Costa did nowt. Though he had one or two decent moments towards the end. Jota needs to come back ASAP.

Traore. Back to the bench for the foreseeable future as he's utterly awful up top. If I ever see him starting up front again I'm gonna lose it.

Moutinho was majestic in that second half. Will take the point having conceded pretty late ourselves

I thought Cav played well, actually ran with the ball, took players on and actually added some urgency.
Not sure why we stopped passing to Johnny, seeing as everything was seemingly played to him in the 1st half.
Moutinho just oozes quality and leadership without Neves, really not sure why one or the other seems to play within themselves when together.

desperately need Jota back - he's our live wire up top. Traore and Costa not putting much into the team at present. thought Saiss did pretty well and deserved his 1st PL goal.
we seem so devoid of ideas at present - continual knocking across the back line. dont think the small pitch helped us too much though.

Disappointed with MGW today. As good as he is, today showed we need to sign another player for IF, no 10.
I thought it was the wrong formation in general. It was too congested in there with no space to do anything. He tried a couple of flicks and dummies that nearly came off for him but didn't quite. I think he has a future in that role, but today wasn't the right game for it.

It's his best position just off the striker, but as you say, there was very little space for him to do it today.

desperately need Jota back - he's our live wire up top. Traore and Costa not putting much into the team at present. thought Saiss did pretty well and deserved his 1st PL goal.
we seem so devoid of ideas at present - continual knocking across the back line. dont think the small pitch helped us too much though.
Think Fulham pitch is the same size as ours!

Surprised at the level of negativity, again. They had 20-25 minutes in the first half and then two chances (from our poor defending) after that, otherwise we controlled the game - admittedly without creating huge amounts, but then they played a proper back five with a career centre half sitting in front.

3 wins, an away draw and a loss against the league leaders/ CL finalists. Perspective gents. Most of us have never had it so good

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

We were poor though - that possession was rarely in their final third. Pretty happy with a point from a poor away performance.

Completely agree with whoever said Mitrovic would work well for us - he was a proper handful today, and seems to have calmed down a lot since his Newcastle violent strips. Didn’t realise he’s only 24 too.

Interested to see what we do in the transfer window.

As I say, if they're playing six defenders how much are you expecting us to create?

I would not say it was a poor team performance at all.

More than we did for sure. Fulham are a poor team - the problem we had is constantly passing backwards, allowing them to set up again - it wasn’t until Cav started making some runs, and Vinagre linked up with him that we made quick forward movement. Thats what was poor.

Back