• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham A 26/12

He'd do better than Traore that's for sure.

More than we did for sure. Fulham are a poor team - the problem we had is constantly passing backwards, allowing them to set up again - it wasn’t until Cav started making some runs, and Vinagre linked up with him that we made quick forward movement. Thats what was poor.
If you will spend the first 45 minutes playing someone who never makes any runs, ever...

FWIW I think a point ain't too bad from any away game. We were pretty ordinary first half and by far the best team second.
Moutinho was absolutely sublime second half (he loves a sliding tackle doesnt he?)
Costa was lightweight as per and Traore is running out of chances although he started ok.
Saiss adds steel at the back but you lose a tad of creativity. (then he scores)
I would of took MGW off and put Neves into midfield with Saiss and Moutinho going into MGW role, Raul and Cav up front. I like the Vinagre sub as it gives you more natural width. With the two forwards though the WB's have to come inside more.
All that said we should of had a penalty and they should be down to ten men. A penalty scored and it is a different game and in our favour.

But what really pisses me off is Gary Neville and his "they think they should be in big teams so they don't bother" we know why we struggle against the bottom teams because they play to stop us. Is he suggesting players who play for the top 6 don't need to try against lower opposition? (no wonder his glittering managerial career didn't last long).
So Gary Neville heres a fact counter attacking football works better against opposition who attack in numbers as oppposed to long ball teams.

Happy with the point considering my mood when they scored. Moutiniho was utterly immense. There is a worry with me though that at times he reminds me of when I used to see Veron for Utd in that he is looking for runs and movement that the other players don't see for themselves. His weight of passing and touch is so assured. Thought Saiss was great. Despite being the more workman like of the CMs he had now scored and had 2 really good chances in the last two games which as great as the other two CMs are, they don't offer that movement into the box that he still manages.

Would like to see a striker that fits that system he started today to go alongside Jiminez. Even when Jota is back would still like a different option. Traore and Costa not looking up to what is needed.

Agreed - big surprise you’ve mentioned the first half winger who was poor but not the second half one, obvs...
What?

You were bemoaning the lack of movement until Cav came on. Who do you think he replaced?

Clue: he looks like he's never played football before.

What?

You were bemoaning the lack of movement until Cav came on. Who do you think he replaced?

Clue: he looks like he's never played football before.

Ah, it needs more explaining for you, no problem - Adama was poor and was deservedly substituted. Almost as poor as Costa, yet you’ve only mentioned one of them. Not exactly a shock though, eh? Hopefully that’s clear enough?

Out of interest, why not? He holds the ball up and brings others into play - he does that on the floor and in the air, and has pace and strength in behind - why wouldn’t he work?

Doesn't have the work rate or attitude to work in a Nuno side. Good player but you have to build your side around him and that's not Nuno.

As for your comments on Costa. He was poor but the whataboutery because Traore was abysmal is embarrassing.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Traore as he really isn't suited to this team or this level.

That only counts if you critique all our IFs (which were all pretty shite). If you only flag up one then expect to be called out on it.

Costa wasn't replaced by Cav was he? We were a far better team with Cav on the pitch and whilst I think Nuno got the MGW sub wrong it was the sub of Traore that made the difference, not Costa.

Well he was the worst one, he is the worst one and I never want to see him again. Hope that helps.

Sure does. Good to see balanced views on here as always [emoji106]

Back