• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

It shouldn't do but I feel better about Benik wearing 10 than 12!

I know the season is a few weeks away, but I think we need to bring in another goalkeeper. At the moment we look very threadbare in this department.

I agree. We definitely need a better option to compete with Ikeme for the shirt. I can't say I've been impressed with my (limited) viewings of Flatt. Aaron McCarey has his own issues.

Flatt will be a great keeper. He isn't going to be that next season for us though. A fair few loan spells needed for him.

If we bring in another keeper, it really is just going to be a run of the mill bang average one to sit on the bench until McCarey is free to play again (which will roughly be around early November time, if the FA pull their fingers out of their arses and do their thing. Its been 2 or 3 months since they got the results of the drug tests)

Wolves XI FIRST: Flatt; Doherty, Stearman (c), Hause, Golbourne; Ebanks-Landell, Coady, Rowe, Edwards; Afobe, Dicko

3-5-2....

Won't be, it'll be EEL in midfield.

It could easily be wing-backs though. You never know Ken might be trying it out.

Coady, Rowe and Edwards are certainly all CMs.

Flatt

Doherty Stearman Hause Golbourne

EEL Coady

Edwards Afobe Rowe

Dicko​

I hate it but it's only 45 mins for match sharpness.

Or could be Hause at LB and Golbourne in front of him.

Yeah, that could work. Was going on Timbo's info that EEL was in midfield though.

The punctuation splits it into 4/4/2, so either a diamond with presumably EEL and Edwards at the tips or bog standard 442 with Rowe and Edwards wide.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 20 secs21 seconds ago

3 - So it is a 4-3-1-2 for Wolves, Ebanks-Landell sitting in front of the back four with Rowe and Coady either side, Edwards ahead.

Diamond it is. Think we could be seeing this formation a lot this season.

Official Twitter account said basically the same arrangement but described it as a diamond with EEL deeper than Rowe/Coady.

It's a diamond then. Interesting.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 20 secs21 seconds ago

5 - Tommy Rowe is wearing 11, Coady 7, Ebanks-Landell 4 and Edwards 8. Dicko and 'Ben10' Afobe sporting their new 9 and 10 shirts.

Got your wish lads, Edwards is no longer the number 4...

It's a diamond then. Interesting.

One man's 'interesting' is another man's 'fuck no, don't play that', of course.

I don't think we'll play it long term, mainly as it won't work and Ken isn't stupid.

As I said before Iorfa can play that up and down game but I don't think Golbourne can. You'd have to have Dicko on the left side of the front two to occasionally drop deep/wide to help with width.

Back