• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

Coady's cross for the first goal, no?

I just assumed VLP based on the position.

Having looked again you really can't knock Doherty for the 2nd, it comes straight from a throw in and he's marking someone else right out on the touchline, throw comes straight into the forward who merks the centre half and delivers.

Having looked again you really can't knock Doherty for the 2nd,

It's Dan, so he can....Probably blames him for the first goal as well as he was looking at Flatt from the bench and put him off.

Think it's VLP attempting the shot from 25 yards that gives Afobe his goal.

It's Dan, so he can....Probably blames him for the first goal as well as he was looking at Flatt from the bench and put him off.

Yep, his stupid Amish beard distracting everyone.

Harsh for the 2nd, proper bullet header, more blame on the centre half who gets made to look a right cunt for me.

Hopefully the assist on Wolves' first is a sign of things to come from VLP, lovely delivery.

The right sided CH (Hayden?) or the guy who gets beaten at the near post (Deslandes or Hause can't tell)?

The right sided CH (Hayden?) or the guy who gets beaten at the near post (Deslandes or Hause can't tell)?

The right sided centre half, the one who get's ruined by the flick over his head before the opponent crosses.

He (Hayden) comes in far too tight, silly stuff from him. Left back (Deslandes) also lets his man run across because his body is't open enough from first viewing too.

Awful goalkeeping from Flatt for the first.

Great header from Jacobs, he's always been decent in the air to be fair to him. If memory serves me right he actually had a decent pre-season last year so who knows if he will feature in the team this season. great winner for Enobakhare!

I love how both opposition keepers completely bottled it up close for the 2nd and 3rd goals, sort of closed it down then didn't really commit to anything when they got there, like a kid who's been forced to go in goal and puts in just enough effort to stop people complaining.

Do we need to spend 'big' to get a third striker option - Enobakhare looks physically strong enough to survive on the occasions he might be needed

Great header from Jacobs, he's always been decent in the air to be fair to him. If memory serves me right he actually had a decent pre-season last year so who knows if he will feature in the team this season.

He played all the games where what you would consider the first XI were involved (same as Ricketts), then suddenly vs Norwich neither were in the team and that was that. He is good in the air for his size. I'm still struggling to see him as a viable wide option at this level though.

I love how both opposition keepers completely bottled it up close for the 2nd and 3rd goals, sort of closed it down then didn't really commit to anything when they got there, like a kid who's been forced to go in goal and puts in just enough effort to stop people complaining.

I thought that :icon_lol: Not so much for the 3rd one. No idea why the full back gives Jacobs a free header either.

Do we need to spend 'big' to get a third striker option - Enobakhare looks physically strong enough to survive on the occasions he might be needed

I don't know about 'big' but we need to get another forward in. If Enobakhare is good enough then we might not have to sign 2.

I thought that :icon_lol: Not so much for the 3rd one. No idea why the full back gives Jacobs a free header either.

I think I liked the 3rd one best! He just comes running towards the ball then does nothing else, doesn't even get his arms out to make himself big or anything, think it even goes in off him and then he has a little rant when it hits him. Maybe try actually stopping it then dipshit!

To be fair, they are four tier French league. Which I imagine isn't great!!

I don't know about 'big' but we need to get another forward in. If Enobakhare is good enough then we might not have to sign 2.

Would not expect us to sign more than one anyway - how many opportunities is no 4 going to get (unless there are a number of serious injuries.)

Interesting that neither RVlP or Jacobs were out wide in the build up to the 2nd goal.

I know the season is a few weeks away, but I think we need to bring in another goalkeeper. At the moment we look very threadbare in this department.

To be fair, they are four tier French league. Which I imagine isn't great!!

They're in the Championnat National which is third tier though they did just survive last season. Paris FC who we play on Friday were promoted from that league last season so are now Ligue 2.

On the subject of squad numbers, Afobe has been wearing 10 in training and looks like Wallace has taken 12 (which is a reserve keeper's number in my book).

They're in the Championnat National which is third tier though they did just survive last season. Paris FC who we play on Friday were promoted from that league last season so are now Ligue 2.

On the subject of squad numbers, Afobe has been wearing 10 in training and looks like Wallace has taken 12 (which is a reserve keeper's number in my book).

Not sure that squad numbers are that important, though will be delighted if Dicko scores twice as many playing in the No 9 shirt rather than No 40

Back