• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

I quite like 5-3-2 if you have the wing-backs to make it work. They've got to be damn good though.

You know I don't. You need at least two of your three centre halves to be very comfortable on the ball too. And be prepared to have three centre halves looking after one centre forward a lot of the time. And have them all be comfortable getting pulled into the channels.

Wasn't Leicester's run in incredibly kind, fixture wise?

Wasn't Leicester's run in incredibly kind, fixture wise?

It's incredibly hard to put that sort of run together in the Premier League, no matter what the run of fixtures is like.

I know that didn't play the same diamond that we're trying out here but you only need to look as far as Watford last season to see that you don't need conventional width to do well in this division. Their wing backs were utter dogshit most of the time.

Timbo II said:
66 - Multiple changes for the Paris side. Could attempt names but in summary several French players replace several more.

#notpaidtoknow

I cant imagine there are many phrases managers enjoy reading in opposition scout reports more than "narrow midfield, fullbacks provide the width". So easy to stop.

Lovely goal, that.

Looked like Coady creating it again.

White right back wearing #12 isn't it?

Weeks usually plays centre mid but filled in at right back today. You can hear someone shouting 'Dec' when he first gets the ball.

Hey, Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm a Sunderland fan but also like to visit grounds and stuff. I'm going to the Burton game on Saturday but have always found sitting in the away end to be much more fun, I also really like the Wolves fans when I came down for Jody Craddock's testimonial this time last year so like the idea of sitting with you lot rather then an empty row of the home end.

My question is have you already sold out or is there tickets still available - if there is where would I be able to buy them from (on the gate?)

Many thanks.

Burton is pay on the day Rob... You should get a ticket quite easily.

Deslandes with the winner as we beat Walsall at their training ground 3-2. Rajiv with the other two!

Deslandes with the winner as we beat Walsall at their training ground 3-2. Rajiv with the other two!

Deslandes could be our left back cover then...Good start for him and I know it's only a friendly but the more goals VLP can get, the better for his confidence.

Just in case people missed this and/or weren't aware:

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 5 mins5 minutes ago

TICKETS | Trip to Shrewsbury a week on Saturday...tickets now back available via all methods inc online. Reminder there is no pay on the day

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 5 mins5 minutes ago

Reminder that it is pay on the day only at Burton this Saturday. And that it's a 1pm kick off.

Yeah I'm going to the Burton game on Sat with a couple of Brewers fans.

Pay on the day only for away fans. Though you could sit in the home stand if you wanted and book online.

Back