• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

Edwards and Wallace would compete for the more advanced midfield role if that is the way we plan to go.

I expected to see Evans and Saville loaned out, but I'm very surprised to not see Price included.

Same here. I expect Coady and KMac to be in the first XI, but Price is surely first cab off the rank as the replacement, so I am really surprised he isn't going to Paris.

I wonder if Price perhaps enjoys his summer breaks a little too much?

Evans had the jump on him when they first come into the first team in League 1, then this season just gone Evans had him beat into the first team again with Price getting punted out on loan and now we've got Price missing out on the first team pre-season tour all together this summer.

Evans was in the team ahead of him at the end of the season in L1.

Has Evans' brother had a say on the matter yet?

The Facebook post from the club says the absences to the senior pros are to do with niggling injuries.

A lot of pathetic guess work and supposition going on here. I'm sure most have niggles as there would be no reason not to take them when a lot of young lads are going. These young lads are obviously going to play the spare minutes in the friendlies that the senior players, who haven't travelled, are unable to do at the moment.

I told you:

Coady and KMac with Wallace in front is going to be a midfield triangle. 3 up front and no particular wingers.

If you can't replace Sako, replace the formation.

I think that may be possible but not first choice, it would imbalance the team to much. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wallace from wide left in a 4-3-3. Especially as Rowe, Coady, MacDonald, Weeks, Edwards and Ronan have gone. I also wouldn't be surprised to see 4-2-3-1 with Wallace wide left and Edwars/ Ronan central.

Surprised Graham hasn't gone.

A lot of pathetic guess work and supposition going on here. I'm sure most have niggles as there would be no reason not to take them when a lot of young lads are going. These young lads are obviously going to play the spare minutes in the friendlies that the senior players, who haven't travelled, are unable to do at the moment.

Pathetic is a harsh comment indeed. Asking opinion on it and making some admittedly guess style calls is hardly worthy of being called pathetic at all.

Tony Daley was saying on one of the videos that the players will only be doing 45 minutes in the matches in France, so I expect the omission of the likes of Price and Graham are to do with injuries at least, rather than any worries about them not getting game time.

Check out Tommy Rowe's hair on one of the Vines that the Wolves Twitter account has put up, shocker.

Price has a niggle, hence why he isn't in France. The drama queens can stop speculating on his future now anyway!

You can tell Tim Spiers has got access to the wifi password at Clairfontaine. He's posting an update on Twitter every bloody 30 seconds.

Ikeme out of tour with knee injury (not serious apparently), looks like Harry Burgoyne will be popped on the next plane to Paris.

Ikeme out of tour with knee injury (not serious apparently), looks like Harry Burgoyne will be popped on the next plane to Paris.

Got your gloves and a few days off Kenny?

Got your gloves and a few days off Kenny?

Sadly off to Spain at the end of the week or I would be there in a shot (and then straight back on the plane home after getting crocked putting my boots on)

Sadly? Are you going with Mark?

Oi, don't you be wishing me away from this rainy hillside! Been a most enjoyable breeze coming up the hill through the windows these last 2 days with a couple showers to further take the edge off, lovely stuff. :)

Sadly? Are you going with Mark?

Sadly = Once again my chance in football is taken away from me

I will be enjoying the high temps and many drinks come Sunday

Back