• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

I'm tempted to go to the Villa game now. Stupid lack of willpower.

Might be tempted now seeing as how the Hull game has been moved so the first sensible home game for me is Charlton on Aug 29th.

However will need an overnighter as not driving back for 3 1/2 hours after an evening game (need to win the Red Spotted Hanky draw which gives me £200 free rail travel really)

Though having looked again the QPR away game is when I am still not at work (much) - grab a bed at one of my sons at that's do able even though its midweek & 7.45pm kickoff.

The midweek QPR game early on in the season is at Molineux....we've got them away in January.

The midweek QPR game early on in the season is at Molineux....we've got them away in January.

So it is - should read things properly before posting!

Doesn't change the fact that I can do that, but again involves an overnighter as the thought of the M5 & M4 at that time of night is not something I want to do anymore.

Squad for France trip
Ikeme, Flatt, Doherty, Iorfa, Hause, Stearman, Ebanks-Landell, Hayden, Deslandes, Golbourne, Rowe, Coady, Wallace, McDonald, Edwards, Weeks, Ronan, Van La Parra, Jacobs, Henry, Dicko, Afobe, Enobakhare.

So, no Jordan Graham. After KJ's comments over the last few months, surprised by that. Zele and Liam Mac also staying at home.
Also so no Evans or Price

Injured and/or extra time off?

No Evans and no Price is really telling.

Saville, Evans and Price are the other notable ommisions. Kenny to explain why tomorrow

Forgot about Saville!

Wallace and Coady are clearly going to be considered ahead then.

Also - Golbourne is in despite "starting pre-season late because of his foot injury". Was that a smokescreen?

Odd. Very odd.

Any news on injuries?

I told you:

Coady and KMac with Wallace in front is going to be a midfield triangle. 3 up front and no particular wingers.

If you can't replace Sako, replace the formation.

I would guess that the likes of Saville, Price, Evans will have been left behind (if fit) because there is little point them going to France and barely playing. Thebu21s have friendlies of their own that they can play in

Couldn't those three deputise/replace the three that Paddy mentioned?

Yes

It would be Saville and Price behind Evans in a triangle in that case, you would think.

Couldn't those three deputise/replace the three that Paddy mentioned?

As I said, there is little point of them going if they are barely going to play. Let Ronan, Weekes have the twenty/thirty minute cameos to be introduced into first team...

Why no Jordan Graham, I wonder? If he's fit - and Price and Evans are fit - I suspect that is three fairly pissed off young men

Back