• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

Our corners have been horrendous!

Henry, Golbourne and Stearman look appalling. Edwards anonymous. The rest look good but a little rusty.

It's the formation that's the problem though. It's not a diamond, it's a straight 4-4-2 with all its flaws. Edwards on the left doesn't work in any way shape or form and Henry isn't quick enough to bother their full back.

Hause and Iorfa the pick of the bunch for us, although they've both had a few clumsy touches.

Henry, Golbourne and Stearman look appalling. Edwards anonymous. The rest look good but a little rusty.

It's the formation that's the problem though. It's not a diamond, it's a straight 4-4-2 with all its flaws. Edwards on the left doesn't work in any way shape or form and Henry isn't quick enough to bother their full back.

Hause and Iorfa the pick of the bunch for us, although they've both had a few clumsy touches.

Van La Parra is a winger, Rowe is a winger, why the hell would you play Edwards there?! I can just about see why KJ would pick him in the first place but in his midfield role not out there!

Half time

We have not been at the races & maybe shows the gulf between where we are & where we want to be.

So far Dicko is the only bright spark - Afobe playing too deep & not sure why Edwards is out there as appears to have contributed little (+Coady who I haven't seen at all really)

Too many misplaced passes puts us back under pressure immediately

Henry, Golbourne and Sterman look appalling. Edwards anonymous. The rest look good but a little rusty.

I think Hause looks very shaky indeed. Coady has put in probably the only decent cross into Villa's box but it's just a very rusty performance.

Agree with your middle paragraph.

Some promising link up play between Afobe and Dicko - the offside chance at the end of the half was great from them.

Really slow start and looked all over the place in the first ten minutes, grown into it a bit more but a serious lack of productivity from out wide which is hardly a surprise.

Rowe is as much of a winger as Visage is a Tory party activist. We don't have a left winger and why 4-4-2. This is embarrasing for all.

Thought Coady was quite good tbh. Completely exposed in a 4-4-2 with Henry, McDonald and Edwards though, there's no pace there at all.

Give Graham a go on the left and van La Parra on for Henry.

Rowe is as much of a winger as Visage is a Tory party activist. We don't have a left winger and why 4-4-2. This is embarrasing for all.

If Rowe turns out to be a fine winger, then Visage will not be best pleased with you...!!

Van La Parra is a winger, Rowe is a winger, why the hell would you play Edwards there?! I can just about see why KJ would pick him in the first place but in his midfield role not out there!

I think you need to watch Rowe play (we all do, tbf!). He's a centre mid who fills in down the left side when there's no other option.

Thought Coady was quite good tbh. Completely exposed in a 4-4-2 with Henry, McDonald and Edwards though, there's no pace there at all.

Give Graham a go on the left and van La Parra on for Henry.

And switch to 4-2-3-1 as it works. This really isn't hard. Maybe KJ is making a point to the board that we don't have the personnel he wants and this is the result.

Not at or watching the game, but is Edwards on the left of a 442 making a point to the Board?

We need to sign Jeremy Corbyn

Not at or watching the game, but is Edwards on the left of a 442 making a point to the Board?

I said earlier that I thought KJ was making a point about needing to sign a left winger

Agree with VLP (even if he can't hit a barn door) & & Graham rather than Edwards & Henry - get at their back line who so far could have walked through the game

Need to get Afobe more involved in their penalty area

Why were there three dancing old ladies just now?

Back