• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Lost interest in my Wolves save and couldn't get back in to it unfortunately, so I downloaded an update, and we're in the Championship and we've got BBS, so gonna give getting promoted a try, only just started it, been given £8.25m for promotion, gonna see who does and doesn't fit in to my tactic and get rid of the deadwood.

Well despite my thundercunt of a chairman selling my best player, we won the league for the second succesive season, with 100 goals and 90 points, and beat Citeh in the FA Cup Final. I've been given £68m to spend, and have £400k of space on my wage budget, which makes selling Cuerdo for a paltry £33m utterly pointless. Though in an amazing little quirk, I sold his 15% profit clause to United for nearly £10m! He'd have had to have been sold for £70m for me to get that, and I've never seen a transfer that big.

Despite the fact we sold out every single game, I haven't even got any 'stadium options' to talk to the board about, which is a pisser.

Transfer wise, I've targetted a good handful of 22-25 year olds that can come in and improve us, but I can't get anyone for under £30m, and even then they want £150k+ and I just don't want to pay that money for players that are only equal to or marginally better than what we've got. I've also turned down the England job, after my application two years ago was apparently met with laughter according to the press! Don't spurn Del Woppio!

I'm half way through looking at all this summer's regens, spent 4 hours trawling last night, and there's some potential there, but I know it's a waste of time because as soon as I win the CL I'm fucking off to a proper football club away from this small time shower of cunts.

End of 2nd season

Its been a great season especially from January onwards. The start was edgy as I switched from formation to formation to get a formula going. I play a lovely 4-3-3 now attacking style and its worked a treat. Had key signings Juan Albin and Bjorn Sigurdson out for ex amount of months between them which hasnt helped, but Fletch ~(20 plus), SEB (14) and Doyle (10 plus) chipping in. Defending has to be better as Ive concede more then I've scored maybe the formation I'm playing or Christophe Berra and Roger Johnson. Wolves secure Europa League football next season because of firstly a League Cup win and then the cup double with the FA Cup. We also finished 7th which is no mean feat.....

League Table

600942_10150867432251787_622429536_n.jpg

Wolves Star Man

484356_10150867432776787_103776717_n.jpg

Premier League Stats

206038_10150867433381787_1379067831_n.jpg

League Cup Win

479720_10150866246151787_442375114_n.jpg

FA Cup Win

283743_10150867433881787_972253132_n.jpg

Hopefully have a decent transfer budget again as I need to get a few top defenders to push me into the top 6..

I signed Kaboul and Kyle Walker at that time I think. Both are brilliant.

Sold a club icon (Fierro) and my best midfielder last night... $100m between the two of them. Also got rid of a ton of dead weight, have most of my promising youngsters out on loan. The only positions I need to strengthen are MR/DR, and "strengthen" is probably an exaggeration. Haven't found any MR/W better than I've got (maxed out 3.5), but found a great looking right back I'm interested in (some regen)... And I've got all the money in the world to buy him. The club is already running a profit and it's July... I've always been massively in the red come july.

Aside from youth players, he'll be my only signing in the window. I normally shuffle a ton of players in each window, but for once I'm set, the youth system is in full development force.

End of 2nd season

Its been a great season especially from January onwards. The start was edgy as I switched from formation to formation to get a formula going. I play a lovely 4-3-3 now attacking style and its worked a treat. Had key signings Juan Albin and Bjorn Sigurdson out for ex amount of months between them which hasnt helped, but Fletch ~(20 plus), SEB (14) and Doyle (10 plus) chipping in. Defending has to be better as Ive concede more then I've scored maybe the formation I'm playing or Christophe Berra and Roger Johnson. Wolves secure Europa League football next season because of firstly a League Cup win and then the cup double with the FA Cup. We also finished 7th which is no mean feat.....

Hopefully have a decent transfer budget again as I need to get a few top defenders to push me into the top 6..

Johnson was pretty fantastic for me in my first few years, he was the last remaining original defender I got rid of... Berra was pretty solid too. You should be able to make them work.

I signed Kaboul and Kyle Walker at that time I think. Both are brilliant.

I had Kyle Walker as well, he was great. Only sold him because I was given a ridiculous offer. Haven't really replaced him in the 3-4 seasons since, but have several up and coming youngsters I've been working on.

Last edited:
I've had a few teams sniffing round some of my more promising players at Solihull following relegation, thankfully a season playing at the Ricoh and some parachute money has put me in a good position to resist offers and they're all tied into decent contracts, luckily without any release clauses. I'm a bit weak on the left wing but i've got no chance of finding anyone better at the moment, club reputation still isn't great and without the Premier League pedestal i'm not really in a position to attract much talent.

I've managed to pick up a few decent youth prospects from other clubs and added a few backroom staff, hopefully it'll be enough for a fresh promotion push, trying to force some investment from the board too whilst we're in a healthy financial position, perhaps expand the stadium again so i dont have to move out again come promotion.

Romario is an absolute tank. I was tracking him for years, but Napoli came in and spunked 30m no him. I've still got Kyle Walker, and whilst he's getting on towards 32 and on the decline, his average rating has been getting better and better. His lowest average was 7.15 in 13/14 but I think he's now benefiting from not playing every game as I have a fantastic right back for him to compete with.

I can't believe you sold Fierro, T3ch! How much for? He's not an automatic first choice for me anymore, but he's still a massive player for me.

What to do? My legend goalscorer Markus Kurth retired last season, so obviously I gave him a job on the coaching staff. But he's shit and I need to trim the wage bill because Mr Chairman is a cock. I can't bring myself to dump him.

I can't believe you sold Fierro, T3ch! How much for? He's not an automatic first choice for me anymore, but he's still a massive player for me.

I didn't want to sell him, he was my most clutch impact sub... Unfortunately he was in a contract year, was due for a huge wage, rarely played, was unhappy at not getting playing time, and I have five better strikers. Had to have a private chat just before the previous season ended about his non-public concerns. I told him I'd help get him to a new club ASAP and we parted ways amicably.

Sold him for $30m + 20% next sale. I had higher offers, but I owed his original club 45%. I should come out better in the long run.

What to do? My legend goalscorer Markus Kurth retired last season, so obviously I gave him a job on the coaching staff. But he's shit and I need to trim the wage bill because Mr Chairman is a cock. I can't bring myself to dump him.

I'm hitting that wall myself with Craddock this year... His coaches stats from the get go were very impressive, so I was assuming they'd go up and he'd be fantastic. Unfortunately he's barely changed and is nearly 50 now, think it's time to cut the cord. Sorry Jody. :(

Last edited:
You have five better strikers? Holy cow. My Fierro is stats wise probably the best in the world, but I know he does have a random PA.

I won't ever sell him, he's worth £35m now.

Yes, my striker stable is ridiculous. I should post some screenshots of my team later. Fierro was good for me but not amazing, stats wise. His scoring record, while impressive, still paled in comparison to the other 3 starters I rotated.

Any chance of a screenshot of your Fierro Nando? Signed him a season ago for Udinese and my scouts have him pegged as having 5 star potential.

Managed to break my record for highest fee received twice this summer, had a midfield that kept asking me for a contract termination and managed to sell him for £1m, he had been signed for nothing a few years before and never been a regular, then had news that Cardiff had bid £2m for one of the 2 centre halves i'd have battling to replace the outgoing Sol Bamba apparently it met a release in his contract. When i looked into it he had a clause for £1m bids from higher division clubs had to be accepted, Cardiff had bid £2m, morons.

My screen shots won't work since I got a new laptop, I've posted one a few pages back so I'll go and search for it.

353bl0w.jpg

That was three seasons ago, he's better now!

Won the PL, going undefeated and finishing with 98 points. BUT I STILL CAN'T GET A FUCKING SCREENGRAB. Fucking cuntbags.

Anyhow, Jarvis caused mayhem down the left - 28 assists in 35 games, Neymar weighed in with 31 goals, Chris Smalling with 15, Sigurdsson with 14, so it's safe to say that I've got goals all over the park. Signed Miralem Pjanic for £20m but he's been nothing more than a solid 6.9 player - I'm hoping for better next season, as I've added a Turkish midfielder of comparable stats to the roster, plus a 20-y-o left back who is better than Dennis Aogo, who is currently my first choice. Hennessey's off to Burnley for £5m + 25% and David Jones to relegated-on-the-last-day-of-the-season Fulham for £1m.

If you want screen grabs you have to make the game play in windowed mode...

Back