• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Too good for Man City, who never troubled us and we come away with a 2-0 win for our third Champions League title in the past four years, and four consecutive Premier League's. No domestic cup success, but we picked up the Community Shield.

We won the league with 87 points, which is around 10 shy of what we've achieved in the past three seasons and in the end United only ended up with 81. We're the only team to have scored over 90 points, with the exception of United who totalled a colossal 101 in 16/17, which I have yet to beat.

Too good for Man City, who never troubled us and we come away with a 2-0 win for our third Champions League title in the past four years, and four consecutive Premier League's. No domestic cup success, but we picked up the Community Shield.

We won the league with 87 points, which is around 10 shy of what we've achieved in the past three seasons and in the end United only ended up with 81. We're the only team to have scored over 90 points, with the exception of United who totalled a colossal 101 in 16/17, which I have yet to beat.

Are you still continuing with that save?

It would appear so.....

If you are referring to it appearing to be fucked before (which occurred as a result of adding a new league apparently), I luckily had an earlier save that ran fine.

I forgot to mention that I sold David Alaba to Man City for 40m in January! His physical's were starting to decline, and although he was arguably in his prime at 28, and offered quality cover all over the place, that was a ridiculous offer and he'd been pissed off for 18 months about not being allowed to move on.

My squad is now roughly a core of 18/19 with youngsters backing them up whilst playing for the reserves. I'm about to have 10-15 players return from loan spells and many of them are now reaching the age of 20/21 where they'll need to play or won't develop any further. Some tough decisions await.

League Table so far

285718_10150856392561787_791023360_n.jpg

My current star man

181170_10150856396451787_1036082740_n.jpg

My set up

428453_10150856398211787_2011809420_n.jpg

Who's Sergio, Quirk?

Hunt was class for me in his first season, but then turned into utter shite so fobbed him off to Holland.

Quite an interesting formation... Mine are far more boring than that. Is that a loaded strategy or something you came up with?

It would appear so.....

If you are referring to it appearing to be fucked before (which occurred as a result of adding a new league apparently), I luckily had an earlier save that ran fine.

Actually I was just wondering as it appears you don't have much left to do other than win the treble!

I forgot to mention that I sold David Alaba to Man City for 40m in January! His physical's were starting to decline, and although he was arguably in his prime at 28, and offered quality cover all over the place, that was a ridiculous offer and he'd been pissed off for 18 months about not being allowed to move on.

My squad is now roughly a core of 18/19 with youngsters backing them up whilst playing for the reserves. I'm about to have 10-15 players return from loan spells and many of them are now reaching the age of 20/21 where they'll need to play or won't develop any further. Some tough decisions await.

If they're good enough aren't they getting playing time with their loan clubs? I've developed players pretty heavily until they were 22-23 and sold them almost at full potential. Or does the game just have it built in where doing so isn't as effective?

I want to win absolutely everything in one season. I nearly did it two years ago but lost in the FA Cup Final, including European and World Super Cups.

I also want to bring through all of my youth players, I've spent a fair whack on some of them. I've sent four out this season who are top players, but only first reserves for me, and two of them have seen less game time out on loan than I'd have given them despite the offers saying they'd be important first team players. The other two have had blinding seasons, and will be needed back in the squad next season.

I normally keep new recruits for a season (or two depending on their age when they arrive), then send them to the Championship for a season and then off to Heerenveen for the season after. I'll then bring them back and try to integrate them, or sell them on. The majority I have sold on have become classy players, but not quite good enough for me. I have a couple now I need to have guaranteed playing time, and I don't trust other clubs after this season as a poor season can really put back development.

Does anybody else randomly scroll through all the players they've sold and see where they are now/

Yeah I do. I've seen one or two I've regretted selling too (normally had to though because they were whiny).

I always make sure the loaned players have a recall clause, and I check on how many games they've played halfway through each part of the season and recall if necessary. I've got better training than anyone else on the planet so they might as well rot on my bench over someone elses.

Who's Sergio, Quirk?

Hunt was class for me in his first season, but then turned into utter shite so fobbed him off to Holland.

He is 34 but has amazing stats and cost me nothing really. The formation is one I downloaded off the net I'm not clever enough yet.

Why do Ward and Foley have flags on them in that formation?

The flags are always there on the tactics screen. The two fullbacks just happen to be right next to them.

Think they mean he plays the offside trap, it's the line they hold.

My squad is in unstoppable form right now... Beat the team's all time winning streak, the last few games have been 8-0, 4-1, 3-0, 4-0, 3-0, 6-0, 3-0, 5-2.... And none against League 1 Carling Cup sides or anything. Ridiculous. Currently 11 points ahead in the table with +58 in late Feb. Also just grabbed a Barcelona youngster I've been eyeing for several seasons. He had "no intention of joining" until talks with Barca broke down; just signed signed him on a free.

10 min job ay it?

Not when I'll probably have to clean a hundred weight of fluff and dust out of the desktop. Plus getting ten minutes free is pretty rare these days.

Cleaned the hundred weight of dust and fluff out and put the new graphics card in. After plenty of fucking about (Windows 7 is far more sensitive than XP) I've got it working and FM is back in all its green grassed glory. A 3-0 over the Tescos for my first game. I've forgotten a lot of where I was as it's been about a month since I played it. Sometimes I think that helps though as you can focus on your squads and sort out the good from the shit.

Back