• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I've only just got into January. I got sucked in to buying another defensive midfielder who has brilliant stats, but I really didn't need him. I'm going to have about 15 centre mids when all my loaness return and I don't want to sell any on!

I'm now in that position where it's hard to buy players to improve the first team - Fiorentina want £56.5m for Jovetic and a high-£20m bid for Bale was turned down flat, as was a £20m bid for Liverpool's Danny Wilson who, apparently, is "better than Phil Jones". Arsenal sniffing round a 29-y-o Jarvis who I'm considering punting on.

Got loads of awesome youth coming through though, but I want an improvement on their U18 campaign from last season - P30 W29 D0 L1 GD in the region of +130. Also now flogging fringe players who are good but not good enough to displace my first team - some emotional scenes when they leave citing me as a great influence on them.

For some reason I can't get a screengrab at all, no matter what I try, so I can't post pics of stats and so on. Bah.

Can I ask people that are like scholars of this game. How do I go about starting this, do I scout the shit out of the game, what training schedules do I do I any. wHat are the little nooks and crannies I these versions that set themselves aside from the previous point and click versions. ?

Right I'm starting as England manager and I'm picking the squad from the national pool on the basis of average ratings. Wish me luck this could get messy. I will document this as we go along.

Can I ask people that are like scholars of this game. How do I go about starting this, do I scout the shit out of the game, what training schedules do I do I any. wHat are the little nooks and crannies I these versions that set themselves aside from the previous point and click versions. ?

I’m broadly of the opinion that it’s all about the players. Scout the fuck out of the world, offer a trial to everybody an agent offers you. Every summer I spend about 5 hours scouring squads and player searches for regens, always pick up a couple of gems though.

Your England game sounds interesting, but destined to failure!

Just lost 0-1 to Wales at Wembley. Need to beat Montenegro to go through my team vs them is as follows.

----------------------------Green--------------------------------

Jones----------Shawcross-----------Terry--------------Baines

Beckham--------Parker--------------Carrick------------J Cole

-----------------Crouch-------------Rooney--------------------

Last edited:
That's the only one I've not tried TBH - Done standard print screen, ALT+Print Screen etc...

Its the only thing thats worked for me on the last two versions of the game, any other attempt has resulted in the game becoming a 'ghost' and i just get a print screen of whatever is happening behind the game.

Exactly that, plus when trying the standard alternatives you get 'echoes' of the screengrab, i.e. smaller and smaller!

I've absolutely battered the supposed top teams this season, but no matter how I set out our record against mid table dross is shambolic. The number of 1-0 and 2-1 defeats is really irritating me.

My start to the season's been good - Neymar is on fire up front and we're averaging about three goals per game. Despite that, I'm nowhere near getting a manager of the month award?!

Bloody U18s didn't listen to me and lost 1-2 to West Brom, thus ruining my aim of 30 wins null and void. Arse.

Got the new graphics card. Hopefully will have time to fit it over the weekend.

Well the Rom's are settling into the Conf North very nicely indeed.
I now have just the one player on a non-contract basis. Michael Branch has announced he is due to retire at the end of the season. Claridge died of old age. Currently sit top, 3 points clear of the 2nd (and the play off places). Got to the FA Cup proper rounds as well and 2 decent draws against crap teams saw the mighty Roms take on Burnley at home in front of the TV cameras ithe 3rd Round. I took the lead after 3 minutes but thats as good as it got, losing 5-1.
I am shit in the Birmingham Senior Cup, I am still waiting for my first win in that and the FA Trophy was a bag of wank for me as well this season.

I decided last night since I was 12 points clear at the top of La liga, unbeaten, with 4 to play and if I draw against Real Madrid I'm champions I'll play 6-4-0 Messi was benched this game is way too important. I won 1-0 Fabregas scored.

My season appeared to hinge on three games against United in quick succession, firstly a trip to Old Trafford in the Premier League and then the Champions League Semi-Final.

They beat me 1-0 in the league game, after an error from my right back and a frustrating inability to deliver a quality final ball. That cut the gap to 3 points at the top with 4 to play, but they then drew away at Villa, whilst I won leading to a 5 point advantage. It currently stands at 2, as I'm about to play my game in hand.

The first leg of the semi-final was an incredibly tight affair leading to a 0-0, with very few chances for either team, although we bossed possession of the ball. In the return leg, two absolute scorchers from my defensive midfielder gave us a 2-0 win which really should have been more. We've got Man City to play in the final who are having an awful league season and were spanked 5-0 last time we met.

West Ham and Everton are looking set to finally break the dominance of the original top six in qualifying for next seasons Champions League, but there's still no real competition for ourselves and United.

Right Im Wolves again. And after trying a fake Diablo tactic I'm using a downloaded Brazil 1970 tactic. With the Diablo fake I lost 5-0 to Arsenal and first half 3-0 down to Everton, but after changing to Brazil 1970 I have beaten Wigan 3-2 and Coventry in the COCK 2-1....

Back