• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Ugh, so close!!! And of all the people to ruin my sweep...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558689060891568780/6C5E7C13B4C76C503936ECAB958FFDE83BE5A850/

Not pleased with the lack of english talent in these squads but lets face it the english players on fm are crap

I wondered if that was just me or not. I only have 3 English players in my senior squad (2 in reserves, 8 in U18) and wasn't sure if I was just being biased or if the selection sucked.

I think we should have a wolves forum network game aswell see who is the king of this game here. The problem is getting everyone together but im up for it if anyone else wants to try it...

I'm down.

Spurs took tevez off me :( they offered 22 million he's release clause and I had to sell because of it

I'm more concerned at you playing Peter Andre in goal.

**Pascal Andre

I'm actually trying to get a replacement this window, probably a 6'2" Brazilian regen named Oliveira. I just need someone taller. Andre is only 5'11" and can get burned by far corner shots. I have another guy I've been using for 4 seasons, but seems to let in easy goals more than I like and he's pretty developed at this point. Andre is a magnet to the ball, just limited by his height.

Here's a few screenies, mainly of my main players, and their history, and my squad/tactics.

Screenshot2012-05-06at161108.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at161112.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at161043.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at161051.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at161005.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at160920.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at160927.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at160908.png

This is my formation, it's served me well, 3 seasons in and it's still working for me.

Screenshot2012-05-06at160812.png

Here's a couple of newgens I'm quite excited about that have been at the club for a season already, just hope they keep improving, hard to give them game time in betewen Herrera/Fletch/Bonatini.

Screenshot2012-05-06at160957.png

Screenshot2012-05-06at160950.png

Here's my biggest win, came this season, in the European Super Cup, everything just went right for me.

Screenshot2012-05-06at161154.png

And here's a player I'm really excited about, been trying to sign him for a while, always failed his WP, but he's just been granted one, he's currently 3 and half stars, can go up to 4 and half stars, just not sure where to play him, centre of my defence or in the defensive midfield role.

Screenshot2012-05-06at160547.png

How do you get the arrows in the formation on the tactics screen?

He's not playing the most recent version by the looks of things.

I'm 17 games into my first season in the BSP, i sit top on 41 points, 7 clear of 2nd placed Tranmere, having scored 43 goals. Keep sending my young guns out with a 'pressure is off' teamtalk and they go out their and play their hearts out, i've got this team of football league drop outs playing some of the nicest football i've ever had a team playing on FM, they're doing me proud.

All achieved on the lowest budget in the league, 178k per annum on wages.

How do you get the arrows in the formation on the tactics screen?

It's a classic tactic, instead of the new tactic type, you do it when creating a new tactic, or you can convert one you already have to classic, go to your tactic screen, then go to the tactic you want classic, then click, then in the little box, you'll see 'options' click it, then if you look at the drop down list, 'Convert to classic' is there.

He's not playing the most recent version by the looks of things.

You mean I'm not on 2012? I am, it says Football Manager 2012 on all the screenshots, at the top, in the middle.. lol

Last edited:
It's a classic tactic, instead of the new tactic type, you do it when creating a new tactic, or you can convert one you already have to classic, go to your tactic screen, then go to the tactic you want classic, then click, then in the little box, you'll see 'options' click it, then if you look at the drop down list, 'Convert to classic' is there.

Best to carry the caveat with that, that if you do convert to classic you stay with it. You can't change back again.

Best to carry the caveat with that, that if you do convert to classic you stay with it. You can't change back again.

Ahh, that's something for me then, I didn't know that, it's not all my own work, tactic wise, I do tend to download them, and then tweak them to my own preferences, just to save time really.

My bad, didn't look that closely, just looks different to my game.

The normal skin doesn't fit on my screen properly in windowed, so I downloaded a skin, which displays all the info, that's probably why it looks different.

The normal skin doesn't fit on my screen properly in windowed, so I downloaded a skin, which displays all the info, that's probably why it looks different.

Looks exactly the same as mine, except I'm not on a ploppy Mac.

T3ch, height is completely irrelevant in FM, so don't bin your keeper off because he's on the small side.

T3ch, height is completely irrelevant in FM, so don't bin your keeper off because he's on the small side.

How is it completely irrelevant? And are you saying in general, or for keepers? I won't buy a defender under 6 feet tall, and prefer tall strikers too.

His aerial command sucks ass and I give up goals from spot kicks and corner shots much more often than with my taller keeper. Overall he's still more reliable than my other guy, so he's starting, but there's one keeper in the game projected to be better than everyone else (I've scouted every keeper), he's 23, and is 6'2". Seems a no brainer to grab him. His current stats are the best from each of my current two.

The height of a player has no influence on the match engine. If two keepers have exactly the same stats but one is 6ft 4 and the other 5ft 11, there will be absolutely no difference between them.

Back