• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Nice strike! Is your Fuska the brazilian striker or the brazilian AMC who is tall as hell?

I have the striker, tried to buy the AMC but got outbid and now he's ridiculous for Chelsea.

He's an 18 year old regen, as yours are too I'd imagine.

Yeah mine are both regens, but I'm in 2017 so they've developed a bit. Both are fantastic. I really, really want the AMC verison Fucska I mentioned.

He's a fast 6'7" attacking mid with pretty good stats... /drooooool

I'm in the process of building an all-ridiculously-tall team. The shortest guy on my defense is 6'2", and I've got about 10 players 6'6" and over. :icon_lol:

edit -- heres an SS, and correction, looks like it's MC he plays for...

fuska.jpg

Last edited:
Just lost in the league cup final, gutted!

HAving a great season though, up in seventh, spending £600k/week on wages, with an average age of about 22. Not a single first team regular over 24! The only players I've been able to buy that are any good have been kids, so it's more out of neccessity than design in fairness, but I've got some cracking young players now, and they're developing really well.

Some stats - 113 players bought, 165 sold or released. Total net spend under £12m.

GAmes played - 408. Won 218, drawn 75 and lost 115. For 589, against 448.

Currently 19th in the salary table with £27m. 10th is £50m, and Citeh top on £120m, £40m ahead of second placed United, who have won 5 of the last 6 titles!

Chelsea are managed by Tony Pullis, and Wolves by Gareth Barry. Mick is in charge of Scotland, having been followed to Sunderland by Terry Connor, who is now number two at West Brom.

My team looks similar; the two oldest players are my captains... 24 and 23.

1x 24
3x 23
3x 22
7x 21

On a roster of 80 players, everyone else is younger.

Even if a players stats are maxed out, do they still typically player better once they're aged? I haven't gotten that far yet, obviously.

edit -- what team are you manager wop??

Last edited:
I'm Worcester City boss.

We finished 7th in the end - 1 point off fifth. Annoyingly, we've not made Europe, as League One Huddersfield got to the FA Cup final and have qualified instead. Gutted!

So, summer time, and I've been given a £700k wage budget and £7m to spend, but I've got a lot of contract management to do which will probably swallow most of that, so just looking at maybe 3-4 freebies, and hopefully sell a few of the 22 year olds that aren't likely to feature for me but still have potential value. Will probably be our quietest ever summer!

I've had 45m bids for my left back!

De Rosa has just scored another free kick identical to the one above.

Even if a players stats are maxed out, do they still typically player better once they're aged? I haven't gotten that far yet, obviously.

They should get better at the position they're playing if your training is well setup as a striker not being trained in defending will lose skills there that they gain elsewhere, though they wont be able to have a skill better than 20, also influence will increase by playing games and certain hidden skills like consistency will improve.

Mental stats naturally progress as players get older and gain match experience.

They'll reach a peak if the player maximises his PA at a young age. Normally they'll increase when the physical stats start to deteriorate.

Not pleased with the lack of english talent in these squads but lets face it the english players on fm are crap

Gah, a Brazilian regen I've been tracking for 4 seasons turns me down to join Barca on 200k a week!

Not pleased with the lack of english talent in these squads but lets face it the english players on fm are crap

I'm managing England as 2016 rolls towards 2017, and the English talent coming through is non-existant. I have one regen striker who is 18 years old and has 9 goals in fifteen starts for England, but other than him there's nothing. I'll win the 2018 World Cup and then step down as the national boss. It's a pain in the twat anyway.

I'm managing England as 2016 rolls towards 2017, and the English talent coming through is non-existant. I have one regen striker who is 18 years old and has 9 goals in fifteen starts for England, but other than him there's nothing. I'll win the 2018 World Cup and then step down as the national boss. It's a pain in the twat anyway.

I'm doing my best but as my nan once said (god bless her) the foreiner would run the englishman into the sea. I'm gonna stop buying cheap inports on Fm and start buying english players lets see where i finish then LOL

I think we should have a wolves forum network game aswell see who is the king of this game here. The problem is getting everyone together but im up for it if anyone else wants to try it...

I'm England manager too, and in 2019 my back 5 is Hart, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Robinson There's a classy regen left back coming through who United have just paid a bomb for but there's no defensive talent coming through. I've called up Danny Batth, but he's 28 now and whilst being a solid Premier League player is nothing special, and then there's Connor Coady and Nathaniel Chabolah who are in the same boat.

My midfield consists of Zeli, Wilshere, Barkley, Emmanuel-Thomas, Chamberlain and then three regens. One plays for me and the other two are good without being world beaters, one playing for WBA and the other in Arsenal's reserves for some reason.

Up top, I'm still using Rooney at 33 as Sturridge, Welbeck and Wickham are good but again not great and beyond that there is very little. A couple of mid table Premiership players and then two in the Championship who got relegated last season.

I'm England manager too, and in 2019 my back 5 is Hart, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Robinson There's a classy regen left back coming through who United have just paid a bomb for but there's no defensive talent coming through. I've called up Danny Batth, but he's 28 now and whilst being a solid Premier League player is nothing special, and then there's Connor Coady and Nathaniel Chabolah who are in the same boat.

My midfield consists of Zeli, Wilshere, Barkley, Emmanuel-Thomas, Chamberlain and then three regens. One plays for me and the other two are good without being world beaters, one playing for WBA and the other in Arsenal's reserves for some reason.

Up top, I'm still using Rooney at 33 as Sturridge, Welbeck and Wickham are good but again not great and beyond that there is very little. A couple of mid table Premiership players and then two in the Championship who got relegated last season.

My first team is Hart in goal with Buckland as backup.

Walker - Cahill - Shawcross - Robinson (plays for me, signed for £8.5m)

Walcott - Jones - Barkley/Ramsey - Johnson

Rooney - Brandon Walters (my regen)

Other squad players include: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Smalling, Bertrand, Craig Dawson, Glen Johnson, Tiago Ilori, Sturridge, Rodwell, Wickham, Oliver Platt (regen I sold to Blackburn).

I think we should have a wolves forum network game aswell see who is the king of this game here. The problem is getting everyone together but im up for it if anyone else wants to try it...

I'm up for a network game if anybody fancies one, although time is tight so I'd probably be better off with one opponent.

Back