• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I'm paying 10m for a 16 year old...

He's not going to blow your minds away, but he's got good rounded stats in all the right places.

Danny Baath has just gone to Liverpool for 8m. He looks very decent.

He's not going to blow your minds away, but he's got good rounded stats in all the right places.

Danny Baath has just gone to Liverpool for 8m. He looks very decent.

I reapeat we must see the stats. Danny Bath is one of my european delights

He's hardly crap, his stats as a 16 year old defensive midfielder are exceptional. His lack of strength is a bit of a worry, but that will naturally improve.

He's hardly crap, his stats as a 16 year old defensive midfielder are exceptional. His lack of strength is a bit of a worry, but that will naturally improve.

He'll be a super star though... He's not a starter yet for me. Give him a season on loan at a league 2 it will get he's confidence up and he will build up the stats

I'm paying 10m for a 16 year old...

That the kind of crazy move i love, on last seasons FM i signed a young left back for a similar fee for Wolves after a few years, think he was 17, he was already better than what i had and within a few seasons he was insanely good, i couldn't satisfy his wage demands as he entered the final year of his contract so i was running out of time to do anything about it. When i got to about October without him signing a new deal i decided to cut my losses and see if i could ditch him for a fee in January, anything was better than nothing, think i got about £5-7million for him from Zenit. Then a few years later Wolves had cut back on the funding a bit, i ended up selling 3 of my back 4 and replacing them for a fraction of what i received, next summer they still didn't provide much cash so i took up a job offer from Inter, first player i noticed when i looked at their squad was Tobias Maier, the left back i'd signed at 17 for Wolves, he was worth about £30million now and was unbeatable, i think i went the entire season unbeaten at Inter.

Ouch, that's tough Mark!

I remember signing a right back on last years game for 3m when he was 16, ended up chucking him in as I had a depleted squad and he stayed there for 10 years before declaring he wanted a new challenge, and he went to Real for 30m.

Bruce won't be going out on loan, he'll be tutored this season and then played in cups game the season after. Too many of loan players recently have gone away and not played despite them saying they'll be key players.

I was pretty pissed when i lost him at Wolves, i think managed to find another ridiculously young but not quite as good left back to replace him but considering the punt i'd took on him just a few years before i was disappointed he didn't stick around. The squad i had at Inter afterwards was ridiculous though, think i replaced an ageing right back and then signed a goalscorer to play alongside a ridiculously good deep lying forward and that was about it for 2-3 years, the forward i bought only cost about £5m from some lowly La Liga side but the service he got was so good it didn't matter how poor he was along as he could finish.

I was 3-0 against fc copenhagen over the 1st leg and went 4-0 in the 1st half so I got a goal back and went through on away goals which was lucky

I was pretty pissed when i lost him at Wolves, i think managed to find another ridiculously young but not quite as good left back to replace him but considering the punt i'd took on him just a few years before i was disappointed he didn't stick around. The squad i had at Inter afterwards was ridiculous though, think i replaced an ageing right back and then signed a goalscorer to play alongside a ridiculously good deep lying forward and that was about it for 2-3 years, the forward i bought only cost about £5m from some lowly La Liga side but the service he got was so good it didn't matter how poor he was along as he could finish.

hmmm... technically he's correct. :D

Finished 6th in second season. Qualified for Europe next season. Time to start building the squad more!

Man City favourites for the title again despite getting nowhere near for 5 seasons and a squad barely worthy of the top four!

I'd stake my student loan on us winning it again at 3-1 haha.

My team has lost form and I am really in the shite if i dont get into europe but zeli is hitting form after a loan spell at yeovil

And the reason I couldn't upload videos.....I don't use 3D!

Back