• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Yup, not sure what's going on.

In other news, I've got a great chance of winning absolutely everything this season. The Community Shield, World Club Cup and Carling Cup have all been sewn up, I'm in the final of the FA Cup, looking set to win the Premier League again and am into the QF of the Champions League.

Dang!

And to top it off, my new signing from Man United who got injured for 4 months the day he arrived has just scored a brace from centre midfield on his debut! Lovely stuff.

That will probably result in the end of my Wolves career though, and I find it really hard to start new games. Probably a good thing with exams just around the corner!

Alan Pardew, manager of Aston Villa - "We will beat Wolves to dent their title chances"

Aston Villa 0 - 5 Wolves.

Leave it out Alan.

Alan Pardew, manager of Aston Villa - "We will beat Wolves to dent their title chances"

Aston Villa 0 - 5 Wolves.

Leave it out Alan.

A little deluded eh alan
alan-pardew-001.jpg

Yup, not sure what's going on.

In other news, I've got a great chance of winning absolutely everything this season. The Community Shield, World Club Cup and Carling Cup have all been sewn up, I'm in the final of the FA Cup, looking set to win the Premier League again and am into the QF of the Champions League.

I did it last season barring the World Club Cup, I haven't got anywhere near that yet. My aim now is to get my regens to do it again in a couple of years time.

Early stages of Worcester City's second season in the top flight, going 4231 or 442 generally, scoring more goals, but also conceding more - 9 points from 6 games now, including a victory over Liverpool. We're back in our own stadium after spending last season ground sharing with Kidderminster Harriers, and we're averaging 9000 gates now. My wage spend is increasing, with £550k available. Busy summer in the market, buying several player under 23 - I think we'll break into the top ten in the next couple of years. I'll post my team later, but there's barely a recognisable name in my entire squad.

I've managed to turn my form around a bit thanks to a defensive 4-4-2 with two deep DMs and a counter-attacking strategy. I drew away to Villa 1-1, drew away to Liverpool 0-0 who were top of the league, then beat Man Utd who are now top of the league 3-0 at home with some clinical finishing on the break and a MOTM performance from Griffiths.

My tactic seems to frustrate the hell out of teams and restricts them to shots from the edge of the area. I'll need to be a bit more positive against the lesser lights though.

I've made a bold start to life in the BSP with Solihull, 3 wins from the opening 4, including a very satisfying 4-0 thumping of Tranmere when i was given no chance at all.

Just tried the YouTube uploading. Works fine for me:

Busao! It seems we share regen names!

My quest to win everything was broken by Man United in the FA Cup final, we took the lead but were shit afterwards and conceded a stoppage time winner. Gutted.

Barcelona have just won their 11th consecutive La Liga!

Maybe I'll move to Real in a couple of seasons....

Not surprised... in my game all the best regens appear to play for Barca. A few scattered amongst Chelsea, ManU, and RM, but Barca is definitely a step above.

I don't care from a competitive standpoint, I beat them 7-2 aggregate in the champions league, but it's annoying when trying to build my youth system and most of kids are loyal to the club.

Their squad isn't that great, hopefully I'll batter them in the Champions League final.

So somehow, I've won the league and have ten players in the leagues top 20 average performers but nobody in the team of the year. Plus, my AM sets a new record average rating and doesn't even get nominated for player or young player of the year.

Just been dicked 4-0 by Spurs too, when I lose we do it in style.

Brilliant. International fixtures mean I can't play half of my team in the fucking Champions League final.

Decided to let the game pick a team at random for me.

Albion Rovers! Coatbridge here we come.

Brilliant. International fixtures mean I can't play half of my team in the fucking Champions League final.

I hate it when that happens... It happend to me on football manager 11 as city I had to play the youth keeper in goal and i lost 4-1

Boom!

We've won back to back Champions Leagues!

No Ismail, Deulofeu, Parry or De Rosa leaving me with virtually no widemen we go into the first half with Fierro and a regen forward having to play on the wings in support of a regen striker who's had a fantastic season. My regen striker then gets sent off after 18 minutes leaving me with just Fierro and Chaveirinho as attacking options and no real width at all.

Messi quickly makes it 1-0, and we are battered for the rest of the first half and I'm delighted to come in at 1-0.

I change the system slightly to get the full backs involved more, with Kyle Walker offering all the width on the right hand side, with Chaveirinho in an advanced position on the left and Fierro up top. Carlos continues to have a stinker, so I make the bold move of bringing him off and replacing him with a young Turkish winger who's made a few cup appearances this season. Fierro and Ferraroni have scored 70 between them this season.....

The Turkish winger pops up to head in a far post cross from a rampaging Walker, and then Chaveirino, now operating centrally scores an unbelievable goal, running from the half way line before slamming it past Valdes. Barca throw everything at me, but we hit them on the break and kill the game off!

Back