• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Ended up 8th in my second season. Signed Cabaye from Citeh (playing FM11) for less than £2m, plus Craig Gordon and Royston Drenthe on frees. Picked up Phil Jones for £11.25m in January and Arsenal offered £27.5m in June. Morgan accepted but he turned them down flat(!). Got some good youth players coming through too.

One bug I've noticed is that even if the club allow me to increase my staff roster, say from five to six coaches, the numbers never increase so it always gets vetoed?!

I don't have that issue. I have a maximum overall staff, but the board let me have loads of coaches as long as I balance it by only having a few scouts. As I do my own scouting mostly it seems to work okay.

I kept signing retired players till I got sacked at wolves and I had something like 12 coaches and the board did not mind.

My current staff is me, TC as assistant manager, two first team coaches, twelve coaches, four goalkeeping coaches, three fitness coaches, four youth coaches, and four scouts. The board never seem to have a problem with it for me.

I've got rucks of coaches, mostly retired players. I'll list them tonight as it's quite humourous. Plus I have about 8 sponsorship deals, I've never seen that many before and I dread to think what our kit would look like.

I have Juninho Pernambucano, Paulo Cezar, Eder, etc etc etc.

Tried to make sure I have at least two coaches with a 19 or 20 in each of the attributes. 4 to 4.5 stars in all my training areas now.

Now, if only the board would sanction an improvement in the youth recruitment to go with the sparkly new facilities they have built...

Started a game with Wolves, first friendly v Stuttgart won 6-4... am playing a free flowing style but will have to work on the defence!

I've signed three coaches. Barthez (goalkeeping) Brian Eastwick (youth) and another one who will be my assistant, can't remember his name.

I have Juninho Pernambucano, Paulo Cezar, Eder, etc etc etc.

Tried to make sure I have at least two coaches with a 19 or 20 in each of the attributes. 4 to 4.5 stars in all my training areas now.

Now, if only the board would sanction an improvement in the youth recruitment to go with the sparkly new facilities they have built...
I just asked them to upgrade the Youth Facilities and they agreed! (half way through first season).

I have one coach for every area of training, which puts them all on 4-4.5 same as Paddy. They recently agreed to upping my number of scouts too.

YoungWolf - Have a look for Tony Coton and Phil Cannon as your Ass-Man and coach.

That's his name, Coton! Will look at Cannon later.

Just seen a Brazilian 30 year old striker called Claudio Pitbull. His stats are pretty good too.

Signed Pablo Counago for the Minstermen.

Started the season well with 3 in 2 games! Hopefully he can fire us up to League 2!

I have one coach for each training discipline and then four youth coaches and as many scouts as I possibly can from each continent. The amount of Brazilian talent is ridiculous, and they all seem to play as central midfielders. I have around ten now!

I had Coton for AM and Cannon as a coach for 5-6 seasons. Got someone else to replace Cotton and Cannon left me for Liverpool I think.

four goalkeeping coaches, three fitness coaches

Why?

I have Coton as AM, has been since first season, but he's better off as a goalkeeping coach if your allowed number of coaches is quite small.

More coaches with twenties. I have two with twenty in handling and two with twenty in shot stopping. Gets the stars up reasonably.

Here's my coaching breakdown:

Assistant Manager - 1
Coach - 7 (10 advised)
Goalkeeping coach - 3 (3)
Fitness coach - 4 (4)
First team coach - 8 (7)
Youth coach - 6 (6)

Strength - 5* :
Adie Stovell
Agostino Tibaudi

Aerobic - 5* :
Darlan Schneider
Carlinhos Neves

GK shot stopping - 4.5* :
Tony Coton
Mark Schwarzer

GK handling - 4.5* :
Andreas Kopke
Carlos Pracidelli

Tactics - 4.5* :
Steve Gatting
Sebastian Kehl
Daniele Bernazzani

Ball control - 4.5* :
Bobby Mimms
Eamon Mulvey
Kristian Lisztes
Brian McClair

Defending - 4.5* :
Martin Keown
Martin Laursen
Matias Lequi
Nicolas Burdisso

Attacking - 4.5* :
Tosh Farrell
Tomas Rosicky

Shooting - 4.5* :
Hernan Crespo
Mikael Forsell

My youth coaches include:

Alexander Zickler
Ludovic Giuly
Filippo Inzaghi
Mario Yepes
Frederic Piquionne

Chairman: Peter Ridsdale

You lot should try managing on a budget of 8p a week down the leagues.

I can't even sign a scout at the minute.

Anyone with stats above 10 for PA/CA wants more than £325 p/w which I can't afford. Don't really see the point in a scout lower than that.

Back