• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Having that many coaches is a pointless expense, one coach at 4.5 or 5 start will do exactly the same as 4 or 5.

More coaches with twenties. I have two with twenty in handling and two with twenty in shot stopping. Gets the stars up reasonably.

Doesn't quite work like that, your problem is likely that their DDM is not high enough so you aren't getting the full benefit of the 20 GK rating. You don't need more than 2 GK coaches and 2 fitness coaches.

Got boro into the championship and then got sacked by them because I applied for the boton job then signed s.e.b on a 3 month loan and what a signing that has been. 15 goals in 8 games ripping the championship to shreads

Having that many coaches is a pointless expense, one coach at 4.5 or 5 start will do exactly the same as 4 or 5.

I know, but I can't terminate the contracts of the lesser ones yet as it would cost too much so the board block it.

You've got to be spending £80k a week at least just on coaches you don't need!

You've got to be spending £80k a week at least just on coaches you don't need!

I know, it needs sorting as some of the coaches only hit 4 stars tops in some categories. I've let a few go at the end of their contracts, but the problem was I kept finding better coaches and hiring them while being unable to get shut of the existing ones.

And for what it's worth, I don't even have the full quota that the board will allow.

Weird, Villareal have just approached Giuly so I'll get £325k for him. One down, a few more to go.

I sometimes get the same way with Bosmans, signing players because they're too good to turn down on a free. One summer at Leicester I brought in four right backs and none of them were actually as good as my existing first choice. :facepalm:

Anyone else have a high number of quality AMC/ST in their game, but not many in the other positions? I can't count the number of high potential AMC regens, but barely any MC's. Same with wide men (DL/DR/MR/ML)-- can find tons of DC/AMC, but not the others.

Lots of Dm's for me, I've probably signed 25.

Lots of Dm's for me, I've probably signed 25.

SNA3006B-280_542127a.jpg

Yeah I've actually got a fair number of those as well, I should have said AMC/DM.

Ha!

And I've probably sold 20 of them!

Decent week for me, 6-0 away victory at Napoli and then spaffed all over Man United at Old Trafford.

Battered villa to replace citeh at the top of the league. Albion away next and I bet I bloody struggle. Small matter of real Madrid away in the champs league to come as well.

My coaches:

Assistant - Tony Coton
First team coach - Stewart Houston
Coach - Phil Cannon
Goalkeeping coach - Pat Mountain
Goalkeeping coach - Fabien Barthez
Fitness coach - Mark Hulse
Fitness coach - Tony Daley
Youth coach - Kevin Thelwell
Youth coach - Mick Halsall
Youth coach - Brian Eastick

Paul Winsper is a great fitness coach to get - cheap as well.

Elio Carraveta is a God in coaching terms.

Iwelumo has become an unbelievable coach too, and I've got Benjani, Xavi, Gerrard, Kights, RoJo and Karl in the setup too.

Elio Carraveta is a God in coaching terms.

Iwelumo has become an unbelievable coach too, and I've got Benjani, Xavi, Gerrard, Kights, RoJo and Karl in the setup too.

Social secretary?

Xavi is HC of Sevilla in my game, and Gerrard wasn't that great stats wise (I even signed him as a player in his retirement year just to move into coaching). RoJo and Karl hate me. :icon_lol:

I've still got craddock on staff though. Waiting to see if Doyle, Fletch, Jarvis, etc. go into coaching...

Back