• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Somehow I finished 2nd behind the all-conquering Citeh in my 3rd season. Added Marilungo for £5m and Granero on a free, picked up Sigurdsson for £1.7m in January too, now working on adding some excellent youth prospects.

Finally got to add some more staff too!!!

I'm a legend on my game at the moment have a tendancy to get sacked though...

Wolves finished 7th and 6th got sacked after a poor start

boro got them promoted to the championship. sacked after a poor start

Bolton got them to the premier league and have signed a shed load of released players that are decent. Olic, Essien, daniel sturridge, cuellar and carrick. Bolton fans love me. Old bob the builder is probably wishing he never sacked me now lol

and average wage is still only 9k

Last edited:
Just into November and have won every game so far!

olivernonnenmannovervie.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

8m for this 17 year old.

Lack of pace for his position is a bit of a worry but his all round stats are great. Good purchase.

Thats what I thought but hopefully because he is so young that might improve.

I've incurred the wrath of the fans for the first time in my tenure despite four league titles, three league cups, three FA cups, one Champions League title and a World Club Cup win. I signed Gervinho from Arsenal for £8.75m in my second season and he was a revelation on the right wing becoming a club icon. Now he's on £90k per week and hits 30 in four months when he'll have just over 12 months on his contract, and according to all of my coaches he's dropped to 3* rating. I have two other class right wingers - a 19-year-old French U-21 international with 4.5* potential, and a 20-year-old Argentinian international who is also rated at 4.5*, both of whom have plenty of first team experience with us.

So Juventus offer £22m for Gervinho and I accept, it's the deal that will make us financially sound at long last and I have better replacements. It will fund my move for Carlos Fierro (who I probably don't need) and makes sense all round. But the fans loathe me now. They'll probably get over it but man they're fucking thick.

Just started a game on CM0102 with Hereford, is it okay to go in here? :D

I got offered the chance to sign a Kunt but he wasn't good enough for my squad. I was tempted to sign him anyway just because of his name. Speaking of female genitalia, I flogged Cabaye to Roma for £7.75m plus 50% of any future fee because he threw a strop - after finishing second, remember - about wanting to join a bigger club. Wanker.

Forgot to add that my signing of last season was Joseph Yobo for a fraction over £1m. Awesome partnership with Phil Jones.

I'm in the process of requesting scout reports for pretty much every youth team player that's about to be released from the leagues above me.

It's going to be a busy period for my scouts seen as there are only 2 of them, think I might have a few new staff slots available now because of being promoted to the football league.

So, what are the secrets of your success?

Any beginner tips? I've just started a game at Bristol Rovers and I'd love to build a quality squad capable of a smooth passing game. No idea how viable that is though, as haven't played any FM game for a decade. Am I going to have to mess around forever with training?

Training is pretty set and forget, at least for me... I didn't even set up custom schedules until several seasons in- have 5 now (Def, DM, MC, AM, ST).

FM12 is the first one I've played so others here probably have better advice, but building up training facilities, coaching, and scouts ASAP is what has let my team improve the most, I think. I have scouts in areas that seem to get me a high number of quality regens and manually make my scouts report on everyone under 19 and worth at least 380k. I generate a lot of young talent which generates both future starters and future transfer money. My facilities are "state of the art", but I seem to have to do some construction every year to keep up with it. Coaching, I hired/fired a lot my first few seasons. If I could find someone who would increase the training category even half a star, I'd mutually cancel someones contract to make room.

Other than that, getting used to how/what the tactics do makes a pretty huge difference, but that's hard to explain simply.

Don't worry about training early on. Set yourself up wth a solid back four and then play around with 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 depending on your squad. Try both direct and short passing with an attacking/balanced mentality and see which works best with your players.

I find against much better teams a counter mentality with mixed passing works well.

Not forever, but it is worth taking some time with training. You can probably concentrate on just increasing the standard of the squad at Rovers for the first two seasons while slowly improving your coaches.

Also look at your coach reports on your players profile and see which role they prefer and set them to that (if possible).

In the lower leagues, anybody with pace is a very valuable asset.

I cant be arsed with making any custom training schedules, i just leave it to my assistant to deal with all that jazz.

Only takes like 10 minutes to get them all set up.

It takes a second to tick the box telling my assistant to be in charge of training.

The game just crashed and now my save file wont load!

Hopefully my slightly older save has most or at least some of my scouting done because i dont fancy going back through all those squads again.

Back