• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

It takes a second to tick the box telling my assistant to be in charge of training.

:D

The game just crashed and now my save file wont load!

Hopefully my slightly older save has most or at least some of my scouting done because i dont fancy going back through all those squads again.

Had that happen to me a few times... I have it auto-save every week for 10 saves, so I've never had to recover very far. Hope yours works!

It crashed on at the end of June and i had to go back to the start of the month, i'd already done the hard work so it was just a case of sifting through hundreds of scout reports and 'player x turns down contract'.

Now i'm finding it difficult to attract many/any players better than what i have or find any staff worth recruiting into my newly expanded backroom.

This might be a season for consolidation more so than pushing for anything impressive or exciting.

Some of my players are getting a bit ahead of themselves, just tried to renew a few contracts that are entering their final year and most of them want 2-3 times their current wage, my overall budget for the team only went up about 40% so they've got no chance. Ungrateful bastards need to remember who picked them up and gave them a chance when they'd just been shit out of the football league academies.

I've had that problem with most players renewing... Get huge, huge raises.

If it weren't for my difficulty recruiting this summer i'd happily flog the lot of the awkward bastards.

This England lark is frustrating.

Rooney is now 33, his mental stats are brilliant but he's got absolutely no pace and there is no young talent coming through whatsoever. We've just been beaten 3-1 by France and were totally outclassed.

My central midfield ranks are very strong, but none of them compliment each other and apart from Zeli there is a dearth of wide talent!

I'll be quitting after the 2018 World Cup.

We're having a horrible little run at the moment and has morale has dropped severely. Players have been getting restless about not getting enough game time and believing they've achieved all they can at the club. It looks like I'm going to have to work bloody hard to match last season success.

Just beat Bristol Rovers, they sack Lee Clark, chairman Oliver Bierhoff approaches me as a replacement, madness.

My out of contract players are starting to piss me off, the jump into full time has them all wanting considerably more money, more money than i can even offer them in most cases, think if they make it to December without agreeing a new deal i'll just cut my losses and sell, try and find the best replacements i can on free transfers and endure the wrath of the fans/board.

Late goals are fucking destroying me, if games ended after 80 minutes i'd be on nearly double the points, think the fitness of my part-timers is really screwing me over.

Around 80 mins if I'm worried about the result, I switch to Counter, direct passing, time-wasting, deepen the defensive line and as narrow as you can get. That usually does the trick.

I've tried loads of different tactics, they just die, i've had games where i've been 2 goals ahead for ages, comfortably seeing the game out on control and then that final 10-15 minutes hits and we fall apart, i've had games where i've snatched the lead with 10 minutes or so to go, switched to contain and fallen apart. I've tried switching tempo, passing style, defensive line and all sorts but it seems my boys are either mentally or physically too weak to see things through, bunch of slackers.

Anyway, my star player wants £900 a week to go full time, he's on about £200 a week part time, he wont agree to £675 with some add-ons so i've signed a replacement and he's the first one i'm trying to sell. Hopefully it'll teach the others i'm not fucking around.

Considering he's just got himself to Crystal Palace in the Championship i dont think it matters either way, its definitely not going to have the desired effect.

:icon_lol:

I expect half your squad will turn up asking for a move now Mark!

:icon_lol:

I expect half your squad will turn up asking for a move now Mark!

If i can fetch over £100k for them all and find adequate replacements then they're free to leave, i'd had that guy for about 3 years i think, he was never on more than £200 a week so thats just over £30k he's cost me in wages, thats a 200+% profit. #FootballBusiness

UGH... My team was utterly dominant the first half of the season... I had 70 goals through to January... First place with 8 pts in hand... via a slew of injuries and underperformance I'm 6 behind. Hate hate hate hate

Back