• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

You have to play him otherwise he'll never improve. His stats were shit, but he has pace and that makes any shit player decent on fm. With Zeli, he's got the potential to develop incredibly.

Play him and you'll reap the benefits in a few years.

You have to play him otherwise he'll never improve. His stats were shit, but he has pace and that makes any shit player decent on fm. With Zeli, he's got the potential to develop incredibly.

Play him and you'll reap the benefits in a few years.

That's the trouble, players like Kishna and some other youngsters have improved massively while playing in the reserves and out on loan. Zeli's been out on loan about five times so has had plenty of first-team football but hasn't progressed at all. I posted a screenshot of him a while back in this thread.

Last edited:
Shitty Zeli.

ismail.jpg

I still have Jarvis on the wing in my game (end of 2016 so he will be fading out now). My other wide players are Miralem Sulejmani, Ismael Assiati, Theo Walcott (although I am flogging him) and the awesome Jason Banton.

Loic Nestor and Tobias Figueredo are the centre backs (TF is superb and chips in a minimum of a dozen goals a season from corners but is a yellow card machine). RB - Sebastian Corchia and Efrain Juarez as backup (EF normally plays centre mid but can drop back and I put Tom Huddlestone in the middle of the park. LB - Jeremy Matthieu.

Strikers are Fletcher, Abied and Marilungo. I have also picked up some Cape Verde islands kid with 19 shooting at the age of 17 who will be the bollocks. Other kids I have are Edgar Spaan and Shane Swinkels. They are going to rock in a few years.

I have hardly spent a penny this summer on players. Just gone mental on staff in order to get the training up to a minimum of 4.5 stars in every discipline and to get world class physios. TC has his contract running out this summer so I will let him go and get an assistant with a 20 in some attribute or other to further improve. Juninho Pernambucano is a great attacking coach to get.

Do you guys know how to set the default view when clicking on a player? Since I took the reigns of Spain, I get their view by default. For example, looking at the Ismail screen shot above, there's the "report" in the bottom left. Since Spain doesn't have reports on him, I have to flip to the reports tab and check "scout report" for Wolves so it's not on "Coach report" for Spain... Very annoying as I'm in the summer window and it's adding multiple steps to everything.

Do you guys know how to set the default view when clicking on a player? Since I took the reigns of Spain, I get their view by default. For example, looking at the Ismail screen shot above, there's the "report" in the bottom left. Since Spain doesn't have reports on him, I have to flip to the reports tab and check "scout report" for Wolves so it's not on "Coach report" for Spain... Very annoying as I'm in the summer window and it's adding multiple steps to everything.

I don't think there's a way around that to be honest, it's happened with me since taking over England but I'm not particularly bothered by it.

I don't think there's a way around that to be honest, it's happened with me since taking over England but I'm not particularly bothered by it.

Aw man... I am, it's fucking annoying.

And miss the opportunity to bench Fabregas and Busquets? Not a chance.

Kishna really is worth picking up cheap and developing. He's been with me from the start of the game and this season he's pushed his way into the first team allowing me to sell Adam Johnson for a massive profit. Dos Santos was picked up for £1m while Gervinho cost £8.75m.

537-albums1003-235985.jpg

537-albums1003-235984.jpg

537-albums1003-235983.jpg

537-albums1003-235982.jpg

537-albums1003-235981.jpg

Gotta say they look quite good, especially that Battais, some good performances from them too.

Zeli's an odd one because he has a very high PA (although it varies save to save), but starts with a really low CA for a player with his potential. A lot of promising youngsters are already decent enough to get the odd first team game, or play a good role for a club out on loan in a decent standard competition.

I sent Zeli to Walsall for the first season, brought him back and tutored him in the second season and had a specific training schedule for him and he improved massively. He then had a little spell with Leicester in the Championship, ran riot and I then integrated him into my first team proper from 14/15. This was at a time when I got rid of Kights and Jarvo, and had some class on the wings, so he was used off the bench and in cup games. The next season I had to sell my best wingers so I just threw him in from the start and he thrived, and he's been pretty much ever present since.

I've got two fantastic wingers from Ivory Coast-- a lot of players from there seem to be cheap for their stats.

Zeli's PA varies cause he's a -9 I think, which means he can be one of the very best, if trained, tutored, and played correctly, if not, he'll end up looking how he does on mine and Boozad's, you've obviously done well to get him that good Nando, for me, Forde's progressed a lot better than Zeli has, and I made a schedule for both of them.

I haven't played previous versions so I don't know if this is a reasonable complaint, but fans/players/coaches/press are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fickle. I beat a team 5-1 in the CL and their coach hated me, then I responded with 1 nice comment and suddenly in the second leg he can "see [us] being friends". Now in the second leg fans are "pessimistic ahead of clash". I try to sign a player and he tells me to fuck off, then I say one nice thing in the press and he's on my balls to sign. I take 4th in the league and am "up for draw" against teams like Southhampton. I sold a player and fans were ECSTATIC to be rid of him, then two years later, Chelsea shows interest (and signs him) and suddenly fans are ridiculously unhappy that I sold him, despite all of his stats being far inferior to all 5 strikers in the now first team. But ohh no, the almighty CHELSEA wants him, so I must have done something wrong, despite him being sold to Chelskee for HALF of what I sold him for....

weeee

Last edited:
Fucking Liverpool... Just made a $40m bid for Fierro (who holds every Wolves scoring record, except for all-time) and Morgan overrode me to accept it. Thankfully my striker stable is fantastic, but I wanted to hold onto him for a bit more....

I was excited for my first season in the CL... Barely made it out of the best-placed round... The other 3 in my group? Barcelona, Paris St. Germain, and HSV..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I sold a player and fans were ECSTATIC to be rid of him, then two years later, Chelsea shows interest (and signs him) and suddenly fans are ridiculously unhappy that I sold him

First time I've ever heard of fans reacting to a sold player two years later. They and the board normally hold onto something for six months or so but that's the longest I've seen.

First time I've ever heard of fans reacting to a sold player two years later. They and the board normally hold onto something for six months or so but that's the longest I've seen.

Yep, he had completely disappeared off the "transfers" confidence tab, then reappeared.

edit -- This all happened during the summer transfer window-- now that the season started, he's back to not being listed in the tab. Maybe if I hit a glitch?

edit #2 -- Nevermind, it was only 1 year, it's possible the booze made me remember incorrectly.

Last edited:
Back