• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

There's a setting on there somewhere where you can manually switch to offline mode too.

Yeah I know, I'm just saying if he can't get online to turn offline mode on, then that's another way.

The fans are calling for my head on FM how dare i win 77% of games and be 3rd in the table

Can't believe I've got to wait nearly a year and a half for this beast to join up.

Anderson.jpg

Can't believe I've got to wait nearly a year and a half for this beast to join up.

Anderson.jpg

He's a beast, very good technical attributes, but try and put him on a regime to get his strength up, otherwise he'll just keep getting muscled off the ball, his determination is high so he should reach his PA, creativity needs raising too, but I'm guessing that'll improve as he gets older.

How much have you paid for him?

I've managed to get some of my regens out to some top clubs who've offered to loan them as an important first team member. I just don't have any room for them when they return!

Just played Stade Bordelais in the French Cup and faced Wolves legend Steeve Epesse-Titi in the process.

We only won on penalties despite them being part-time and two divisions below us. This is because my Nantes squad are a bunch of fannies and I'm eagerly awaiting the summer when I can tell 70% of them to bike it.

£1.2m. I've got some really good regens starting to come through the ranks now after being here two or three years, with three or four breaking into the first team as cover mainly with one first teamer. I've loads out on loan as well and Ujpest have proven to be a Godsend as the board have only found me one suitable feeder club in five fucking years.

I've got Mainz and Heerenveen!

£1.2m. I've got some really good regens starting to come through the ranks now after being here two or three years, with three or four breaking into the first team as cover mainly with one first teamer. I've loads out on loan as well and Ujpest have proven to be a Godsend as the board have only found me one suitable feeder club in five fucking years.

Is Ujpest actually playing your players? What are their actual ratings when you send them out? I've sent some high quality players there for development and they get maybe 4 games in.

I'm getting really annoyed with not being able to bribe people into joining the team. I have a few positional needs and coaching categories maxed at 4 that I want to upgrade but I can't until I get higher in the standings, and I can't seem to get my teams shit together.

Also, the fans are fucking annoying. "Booo you sold this 2 star youngster for twice what we paid!! He had more to offer the club!!" poor confidence...

Got to the play off final in my second season with Borehamwood. Three days before I was offered the Scunthorpe job, and they wer ein league 1. I delayed my decision, deciding if I don't win I'd leave and if I won I would stay. I lost in the last minute and have jumped up three divisions!

I absolutely hate my Nantes squad. Hurry up summer! I want a mass clearout, already have 10-12 youngsters lined up.

I hate it when you're waiting for summer and still have quite a few matches to play with players you want rid of and nothing really to play for.

No playoffs in France and we aren't going to make the top three, so that's exactly my predicament. I could holiday through it I suppose but that's like leaving a game before full time, taboo.

Yeah exactly, I tend to go more on autopilot in those situations, pick a team and get the AssMan to do OI and team talks and basically 'power-through'.

Is Ujpest actually playing your players? What are their actual ratings when you send them out?

Yeah they play them, they're first team squad is decimated beyond belief so anybody I send there who is even half decent goes straight into the starting lineup. They play quite well too which is a bonus.

I'm fucked off with the board though, they won't expand the stadium (even though we're filling out 47,000 every home game), they never find a feeder club on the rare occassion they agree to one etc...

I just started the 2016 transfer window. Man this game is fun. I'm getting to the point where all my old 5 star players are now 3.5, 4 star and there are very few fives, players approaching their mid 20's so the mental stats are balancing out, etc.

Roger Johnson is the only original left, though I also have Craddock on staff. I'm fine-tuning the squad at this point since I have so much potential/quality. Professional squad, tall, fast, attack minded. All of my defense is over 6'6", almost every forward/midfielder is a wonderkid. My wage bill still doesn't even show up in the top 13 between loading screens. Selling off players I've been developing that either don't fit the squad personality or haven't performed well, and getting the cash to buy the players other teams really don't want to let go. I have Coventry as a feeder club, and loaned them numerous players which helped them get promoted back to the Championship, so I send most players there. They were looking to get relegated again so I've had to monitor to make sure I send enough quality for them to stay up. Have a feeder club for work permits now too. Having good luck mixing up formations-- my coaching style showed max consistently with tactics awhile ago, it's only half now. 3-4-3 (3-4-1-2) or a 5-3-2 are working surprisingly well. All training facilities are maxed and my coaches are 4.5 star or higher.

Some things that are really annoying me though. The team is very hot/cold. I'll win 10 in a row then lose 10 in a row. I'll kill Arsenal 5-0 and then lose to a tier 3 team a few days later. This season I've had much better luck reigning in the players motivation and consistency, so maybe the problem's been my managerial errors the entire time. I also can't seem to stop conceding. I think it might be a problem with my goalkeeper, because the defense generally does a pretty good job at marking. He's only 22 and though I've had him for several years and he's 3.5/4.5 rated, I'm consistently on the top 6-7 conceded.

Just made it to my first cup final!! Beat Liverpool in a 2-1 aggregate thriller... Final is against Burnley, who is currently sitting 23rd in the Championship. Too tired to stay up and pound through, but I've got a good feeling I'll have a cup in the trophy tomorrow.

Still playing my 2011 game. I am in 2016 and have won two titles in a row. The first title win was insane. 1 point behind Man United who were at home to relegated Huddersfield. I was away at Villa Park, and 2-0 up in six minutes. A great Villa comeback made it 3-3 after half time. Two more quick goals and Huddersfield scoring at Old Trafford and the title was mine with 20 minutes to go. Within 5 minutes it was 1-1 at Old Trafford and 5-5 at Villa Park. Cue Steven Fletcher 93rd minute winner for Wolves and the title was in the bag.

Have a great forward line of Fletcher, and two regens(?) called Guido Marilungo and Mehdi Abeid. Can't stop scoring now.

Ta - I wasn't sure about either of them. Good forwards to have, both of them.

Back