• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Good teams in doing well shocker.

Pessimism met by sarcasm. Sounds like the main forum.

Just played the first leg at home, went 2-0 up through Dos Santos and Gervinho then threw it all away and drew 2-2. Higuain's goal was a mile offside and the Winker's goal was shit because he's a cunt.

At least Arsenal lost 3-1 away to Bayern Munich.

I have so many injuries that I'm running 4231 w/ hammill as striker and a 1.5 star kid as my left back... this is horrific.

Injuries on FM12 are the worst they've ever been, I've lost count of how many games I've had to finish with ten men due to injuries. It may be worth having a look at your training schedules though, if they're too low or too high it could have an effect.

Everyone except for some younger/crappy players are happy with the training schedules. Everyone who doesn't play is on heavy, but the ones who are playing and getting hurt are on average. I've finished maybe 3 games with 10 men in maybe 6 weeks of playing.

Also, lost the FA cup semi to west ham. Blech. Guess I should just be happy to get there in my first season.

In case you didn't know T3ch, the star ratings are relative to the current stature of the club.

Just won the title at the Hawthorns....

:disco:

Just finished my first season... 12th place, most of those points came before december. Was in the top 6 for a long time and then just kept losing/drawing. Big part of it I think was the way I handled players in the January window and injuries; half the team with low morale and don't like me. No strikers, Jarvis was pissed at me so I had to bench him (my leading assister), Henners sucking... Really need to get my coaching staff sorted too. Accidentally clicked the wrong thing and have an asshat for an assistant coach and he's locked in for a few years...

In case you didn't know T3ch, the star ratings are relative to the current stature of the club.

Interesting... In the off season I'd noticed a bunch of my player ratings changed, but I assumed that was because of massive change in coaching staff and scouts... Some of the players I was about to shell out for were only 4/4.5 stars rather than 5, good thing I held back.

You can manage Barca, and Messi will only ever be a 4 star player.

I wouldn't worry too much about star ratings. You can sign two star players that are gems because they fit exactly what you need and five star players that flop horribly and never fit in.

Mario is a tit in FM too:

C5wOJ.png

Ok now that's some funny shit. In my game Tevez had a saga of his own and wanted to leave his club due to not getting on with the manager... :icon_lol:

Do foreign players gradually learn english or do I need to look for players that speak it to begin with? I have a RM with awesome stats that I replaced Jarvis with, but dude is just not melding well with the squad.

Also, side note, got a logo/face pack... Game is much easier to look at now.

They'll gradually learn it depending on their adaptability and general mental attributes.

If foreign players are struggling to settle then it can help to bring in a fellow countryman so they can get a bit of a bromance going on.

I beat Man United 3-2 in the Champions League Final, and have decided to sell some of my top players while they're stock is high.

Moussa Sissoko sold for 30m to Juve, Lucas Moura to Barca for 43.5m, Munoz to Juve for 11m, a regen striker to Valencia for 15m and a whole host of others who didn't quite make the grade or I had no space for. I've received 129m from outgoing deals and spent 36m to replace them, leaving me with 161 sitting in the bank. The board have to be happy with that!

Mario update:

aPRcH.png

:icon_lol:

Beware of fining players, obviously...

Ha! I've never seen anything like that.

Wow, didn't realize how easy I had it last season when I was in the top 6 for months... I could sign anyone I wanted. Started the 2nd season winless through the first 8, in 15th currently, and no one wants to talk to me.

I remember in CM 01/02 I signed Alex Nyarko and he got an 8 month ban for punching the ref.

Yeah, they're not allowed to code that kind of stuff in now. So if it happens (it does, occasionally) it'll only ever be to a regen who doesn't actually exist in real life. Same as regens sometimes get reported as being spotted falling out of a nightclub at 4am and stuff.

Real life players still act like thundercunts though at times, they can't stop that.

Back