• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I don't know what I did but I'm getting like 200 new messages every day. :icon_lol:

I am playing FM11 still.

Having a few issues with work permits.

Had deals done to sign Sandro and Tiote couldn't get work permits for them despite the fact they already play in the Premier league.

Also had a weird one where it wouldn't let me sign Marko Livaja who is available on a free because I couldn't get a work permit for him even on appeal, so I tried again and randomly he got one, now I have him in my squad but his contracts about to run out and it won't let me renew it because he can't get a work permit again,

Is there anything I can do?

Do you have a feeder club overseas? Ideally Belgium. Takes three years to get citizenship and then he won't need a permit.

No, his contracts going to run out at the end of the season anyway so I'd have lost him by then.

Son of a bitch... my auto-save settings were not what I thought they were and the game crashed just before the new month was gonna save. I had sorted through hundreds of scouted players, beaten fulham 5-1, had the team undefeated in five games and in 4th place.... ugh

Was down 0-2 until the 75th vs Blackburn... Got a goal from Doyle and OHara within 2 minutes, and Doyle slotted another in around 88. I fucking love this game.

I don't know what I did to get the team going but currently sitting in 2nd place on a 6 game win streak.

Top effort!

Fierro now has 55 in 31 starts, with 4 sub appearances.

Man even on my SSD + i5 these save games and busy weekends take a bit...

I'm too used to dealing with transfers from FIFA 10/11/12... Completely slipped my mind to make end of contract offers to players after I'd already blown the entire budget. Have three 4.5 star prospects coming for free on cheap pay. I'm annoyed that I payed $4m for Fierro when his contract expires in the summer, and because of the work permit he isn't even arriving until summer anyways... Argh.

Is Milijas useless for anyone else? Edwards plays 10x better than him but judging by ratings Edwards is half the player. Frimpong + Henry in a 4-2-3-1 is massive, though my young defense has problems tackling/tracking if anyone gets through.

I just bought the game Friday, Steam is showing I have 54 hours logged... I'm guessing maybe 40 of that is actually me at the computer, and I'm only halfway through my first season. Just started the transfer window. I have a rather addictive/obsessive personality. :icon_lol:

Team started off really well and went to shit, on as bad of a streak as the real wolves. One game I was losing so badly (down 6 in the first 20m) I alt-tabbed, forced closed, and reloaded. Did a massive overhaul of the coaching staff and am hoping the training picks up.

Fierro won't arrive until the summer regardless of fee's, work permits etc. South/Central American players can't join you until they're 18.

Milijas was class on FM11, but I couldn't get anything out of him on 12.

Fierro won't arrive until the summer regardless of fee's, work permits etc. South/Central American players can't join you until they're 18.

Milijas was class on FM11, but I couldn't get anything out of him on 12.

Right, but I could've signed him after contract rather than dump the 4.8m on the transfer was my point. Oh well, live and learn.

Milijas is last place in every single category on the team. He has 0 shots on target from something like 36 attempts, shit passing, shit tackling, etc. Utterly fucking useless. Someone wants him and he'll be gone hopefully tonight.

You're dead to me.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I must admit I've done it once or twice. Promised myself I wouldn't do it again (more bad FIFA habits). The team was on a 7 game losing streak, moral was ridiculously low, I had just given a big team speech to bring it back up, and then they go out and concede 6 in 20? It was just more than I could take. I... I'm weak. I'm sorry! I'd never make it as a real manager! :surrendered: :mecry:

He'll be well worth the 4.8m, so it's no biggy. You can approach players six months before their contract expires, which is how I got him.

Looks like the FM gods decided to reward me for promising not to cheat anymore... on the back of 8 winless, beat Swansea 7-0, and only two players from the Team of the Week weren't Wolves. Was gonna post a screen shot but it's not working.

For the third season on the trot we're drawn against one of the Spanish giants in the latter stages of the Champions' League. The first time we were in the competition we drew Barcelona in the semi-finals and got dicked, second time around it was Real Madrid in th semi-finals and Higuain tore us apart. Now, having beaten Celtic 7-0 on aggregate in the last round, we have Real again in the quarter-finals. This is probably the best season domestically I've ever had on FM with arguably the best team I've built, but I reckon we'll get done by the Winker again. Bastards.

Back