• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Bilbao is a mother of a challenge. They already own virtually all the good Basque players so cash is pretty much worthless to you other than pumping into the Academy which is already pretty much top notch.

And you start of with a top notch strike pairing of Munian and Llorente.

Bilbao is a mother of a challenge. They already own virtually all the good Basque players so cash is pretty much worthless to you other than pumping into the Academy which is already pretty much top notch.

Think I may end up being Bilbao then, I can concentrate on the youth, which is good as then I haven't gotta go out and find them if they're already in my academy and make a world class team, or at least try.

And you start of with a top notch strike pairing of Munian and Llorente.

That's the only problem, the tactic I use I only play with 1 striker, think it may be Llorente with Muniain as a winger/inside forward.

Absolutely. Hardest job in the world, etc - No use having scouts beyond Europe, and that's a push.

It's the 13th January, Fierro has 31 goals. God.

It's still the 13th January, he now has 36 goals.

This is a joke now, I'm 9-0 up against Wigan at HT with Fierro scoring seven.

I spent like 3 hours getting through the tutorial and have spent all day scouting. I've only played one game so far, and that was a friendly vs the reserve squad. Gahhh

I spent like 3 hours getting through the tutorial and have spent all day scouting. I've only played one game so far, and that was a friendly vs the reserve squad. Gahhh

I've always found the first six months of the season in a brand new game the hardest to be honest. Getting to grips with the tactics, match engine, player database etc can be gruelling work, but once it's done the game becomes smoother. It helps when you start to build your own squad too as you know what you have, and more importantly what you need, without looking.

Yeah I started with Wolves so I'd at least have a grip on personnel. Finally got all the coaches swapped out for much, much better ones late last night. Really hard to upgrade too many areas of the team straight away given the budget and what players 4 stars and over cost... Got a win, draw, and loss in friendlies. Still having a hard time grasping exactly what effects what to what degree, and how team talks affect certain players. O'Hara seems to be a sassy dickhead and Ebanks is a nervous wreck. :icon_lol: Probably should get individual training setup too

Jesus some of these teams will NOT take a transfer offer... I've offered maybe 500% of what players are worth and still not getting them. Argh!

Who are you after? It's really hard to sign players in the first summer.

Mdaye Niang, Jack Robinson, Johan Martial, Alvarro Vedillo, Carlos Vierro. All younger players that don't have high rating but are prospected to be 4.5 or 5.

I also can't seem to win. I'm still only in friendlies thankfully, but I've drawn/lost like 5 times in a row, even against crappier teams. I've adjusted tactics a few different ways and can't seem to make much out of it. Aggravating.

edit -- I bought 5 scouts, all high player judgements, but they never seem to find anyone useful. I have them scouting regions, maybe I should narrow them down to a particular league.

Last edited:
Go for: Wilfried as a striker and Jan Vertonghen or Isaac Vorsa as a DC. That should do you for your first season.

You won't get any of them in the first season, clubs won't sell their best youngsters in the first window.

You can pick up Fierro for next to nothing at Christmas and he'll be with you for the second season. Players from Mexico and South America can't join you until they're 18. I think this is the case with players from Africa too, but it's nigh on impossible to get work permits for them. Look at Erick Torres at Chivas too, you can get him pretty much straight away.

Personally I don't think you need to sign anybody in the first season, Fletcher is a God up front, and Doyle and SEB were always decent enough.

Can you sign Vertonghen in the first season?

I might see if i can get back into FM, this years held my attention for a hell of a lot less time than any other in recent memory, it just didn't get me hooked like previous installments.

Mdaye Niang, Jack Robinson, Johan Martial, Alvarro Vedillo, Carlos Vierro. All younger players that don't have high rating but are prospected to be 4.5 or 5.

I also can't seem to win. I'm still only in friendlies thankfully, but I've drawn/lost like 5 times in a row, even against crappier teams. I've adjusted tactics a few different ways and can't seem to make much out of it. Aggravating.

edit -- I bought 5 scouts, all high player judgements, but they never seem to find anyone useful. I have them scouting regions, maybe I should narrow them down to a particular league.

Jack Robinson you'll probably be able to get on loan, Fierro won't be able to join until next season because of his age, unless it's cause I sign him too early, there are a few good players, look at Ivan Bandalovski I think his name is, he's good, can play in a few positions, Adam Vass, these won't break the bank, cost at most £1m for both of them combined.

Have you done your match preparation in the tactics section? That really helps, during pre-season, I put it on very high, gets the players used to the formation you want to use quickly, you'll get notes off your assistant/coach telling you how the players are getting on with it every so often.

As for scouts, send them on a world tour, it's what I do, if you're after youngsters, send them on a world tour, with age most at say 20-21, then just check back every so often to see what they've found.

Back